Search Unity

Are you using Timeline + Cinemachine on your project? We want to hear from you

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Adam_Myhill, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

If you're using Timeline or Cinemachine on a project which is going to be released, we would love to hear from you.

There's the potential for some cross promotion - IE - if you're using TL+CM, we'd love to include it in an upcoming blog and we'd get a lot of eyeballs on your project.

If that sounds like something you'd maybe be interested in, please PM me, thanks!

2. sebsmax

sebsmax

we are currently moving to Cinemachine and Timeline.

we just got integration of the lever animation with the timeline and Cinemachine.
    https://twitter.com/eXiin/status/854050885319700482

It used to be without the Cinemachine, and to synchronize the main character and the lever, it took us quite a while. using a legacy anim on the lever and having the main character sending frame per frame its position so the anim of the lever is sync. With Cinemachineit's two time lines and a bit of code :)

Now we are integrating the CM free-look camera. But there is some funny things happening with the Cinemachine Collider and the Inputs!

Alverik likes this.
  3. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Beautiful project, fantastic animations, well done.

Firstly, Cinemachine Colldier is really touchy and we're not happy about that. Greg is looking at improving Collider based on some new ideas. That should be coming out soon-ish.

Inputs are also tricky but that's not a Cinemachine thing. The default Unity value are really touchy, and a mouse input requires totally different numbers than a controller.

Good to hear the other bits are working. If you have more info on the inputs please let us know - that's not quite enough info to work on - and we'll let you know when Gregory has worked his next round of Collider magic.

Alverik likes this.
  4. sebsmax

sebsmax

For having a super fast collision detection I was using some sort of Octree system with my previous system. It was super fast, but the Octree data were too big. But as you might have access to the occlusions data of Unity, it might be a very good trick!

Also to avoid jittering on the zoom (You actually have that), I'm storing the zoom calculation in a List and make a List.Min
    Code (CSharp):
    1.    if (zoomDistances.Count > zoomDistancesMaxSize) zoomDistances.RemoveAt(0);
    3.    float currentZoomDistance = Mathf.Min(zoomDistances.ToArray());

For the camera I ended up hooking the controls to my previous system:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         public void Start()
    2.         {
    3.             CinemachineCore.GetInputAxis = GetAxisCustom;
    4.         }
    6.         public float GetAxisCustom(string axisName)
    7.         {
    8.             if(axisName == "Mouse X")
    9.             {
    10.                 return Game.Instance.Inputs.cameraAxis.x;
    11.             }
    12.             else if (axisName == "Mouse Y")
    13.             {
    14.                 return Game.Instance.Inputs.cameraAxis.y;
    15.             }
    17.             return 0;
    18.         }

5. Carwashh

Carwashh

Gah, if only I was much further along with my game. Currently replacing my previous (boring) player camera with a new sexy CM setup, with bits of TimeLine.

6. Chris_Payne_QS

Chris_Payne_QS

We're just upgrading www.Talesinger.com to 2017.1 so that we can use Timeline and Cinemachine for our GamesCom demo.

I'm really excited to use it - spent 5 years building camera systems at TT Games, but we had to maintain backwards compatibility and build improvements very carefully between games. Would have loved to create something as comprehensive as Cinemachine! However we did get our chase camera to work on spherical planets and handle a fully editable landscape (well...95% of the time ;) which I was quite proud of.

I'm only just scratching the surface but there's a couple of things I miss on the FreeLook - would be nice to be able to trigger the recenter on target movement instead of a timer...on the assumption that if the player positions the camera and waits then they probably want it to stay put.
    Also I'd like the option to recenter in the Y axis at the same time, otherwise the X recenter isn't helping much.

I'll keep you posted how we get on - our game is cinematic-heavy so Timeline is going to be a godsend...

Adam_Myhill likes this.