Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Are you looking for VIRTUAL teammates for this upcoming Global Game Jam 2022?

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by unity_RvMMrhS1txNB1g, Jan 19, 2022.

1. unity_RvMMrhS1txNB1g

unity_RvMMrhS1txNB1g

Searching for new ways to strengthen your portfolio, resume or work experience?

Are you a hobbyist who just wants to put your new skills into practice and is looking for a testing ground to hone your talent?

Maybe you’re a frustrated game jammer in the past who hasn't finished a game jam “game” yet and would like to learn from your past failures.

I get it. Developing a game is hard. Really hard…

Especially if you only have 48 hours to create a fully working one.

You see…when the Global Game Jam rolls around, there are a lot of opportunities to be had, no matter how low down or high up the ladder you find yourself to be.

But many jammers simply don’t know the correct steps to take in developing a fully working game which makes them take far longer than they need to...

Worrying how they’re going to complete a game against the clock.

Stressed and crunching like a teething two year old.

As their hair goes fifty-shades-of-grey from all the uncertainties.

And to top it all off.

They’re being bombarded by hundreds of ideas, not knowing what to prioritize or cut.

Ohmygawd!

Should I cut this feature? Add this plugin? Build a new level?

Document my whole flippin’ idea in a game design document?

Yep! That’s it!

That’s just what I need to turn my vision into a freaking hit game!

Look, most solo designers and game jam teams have a bad case of shiny object syndrome, mixed with a scoop of ADD…and a sprinkle of “I can do everything”.

And they end up doing a little bit of this…a little bit of that…

Soon, they’re tearing down their hair with all the things they have to do.

But it doesn't have to be that way!

You’re reading this right now because, in some way or form, you want to create, develop and share your own game vision to the public.

Whatever it is for you, I’ve got good news for you.

SAVE YOURSELF HOURS OF COSTLY TRIAL & ERROR DURING THE GLOBAL GAME JAM BY JOINING A TEAM OF LIKE-MINDED JAMMERS WHO SHARE THE SAME PASSION AND INTEREST AS YOU!

Have you ever tried to do something difficult without help?

It could be something as simple as trying to move a heavy piece of furniture – like a desk – all by yourself.

You probably knew in the back of your mind that it was better to ask a friend or family member for help – but you became impatient and gave it a go, to see if you could do it yourself.

Sadly, shortly after trying, it became clear that you just couldn’t do it.

The desk was WAY too heavy. Not only did you knock over the nearby lamp, but you’ve now got a stabbing pain in your lower back… and the desk is still stuck right where it was.

If only you’d asked for help.

It can be very difficult – or even impossible – to bring your game vision into reality within 48 hours without any assistance.

If you’re the type of person who knows what your game concept looks like, often enough you will find that your limited skill-set limits the scope of what you can actually develop in your real game.

You’ll then end up realizing that you still have a 'lot' to learn, no matter what role you fill.

It'd be amazing if you could find another participant willing to take you under your wing - and teach you a new skill.

However a Game Jam environment holds only a limited amount of time and this is rarely feasible unless another participant is specifically there to mentor you…

That’s why it’s imperative that you seek help from like-minded people that can ensure that the game you produced - is at least acceptable.

WHY SPENT COUNTLESS OF HOURS FIGURING OUT HOW TO DEVELOP A GAME ALONE WHEN YOU CAN SIMPLY JOIN A TEAM OF LIKE-MINDED JAMMERS WHO CAN HELP YOU CREATE A GAME THAT YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ALL BY YOURSELF?

Hi, I’m Matthew! - I’m looking for new people to join my crew for this upcoming Global Game Jam (GGJ).

If you don't have a team yet for this upcoming Global Game Jam, then you'll be glad to hear this...

Whether you’re an absolute beginner or a seasoned professional hobbyist or anything in between or beyond, I can help you skip the the guesswork, trial and error and never ending clown show of trying to figure out everything by yourself - even if you lack the confidence to collaborate with other people who has different motives, culture and objectives than you.

You see...I wanted to improve my skills in agile project management and game solution architecture, but I decided that it’s much better if I have a team I can rely on for feedback - and the Global Game Jam seems to be a perfect training ground to hone both our skills and talents...

As for my primary contribution to the team, I’ll manage the project flow during the entire duration of game jam so you can focus entirely on your craft - and not get distracted by all the other crap that comes along with the jam dedicated to project management.

WHY SHOULD I JOIN YOUR TEAM?

Listen, you could try and develop a game all by yourself.

Or you could simply join my team to ease your burden.

There’s no dignity in struggling if you can find a better way to succeed.

Now you're still here with me, reading this, and you're now probably thinking about whether to join our team or not...

But hold on their tiger, not so fast!

Because this isn't for everyone.

There are three factors which must exist before you should even think about applying for this opportunity.

• You must be completely fine following our jam site’s time zone, regardless of where you live. The jam is completely virtual/online. Our main registration site is in Metro Manila, Phillipines (GMT 8+ - https://globalgamejam.org/.../dlsu-indie-global-game-jam). Make sure that you have a strong internet connection to avoid interruptions.

• You must be willing to invest some of your time and talent in contributing to a fully working "polished" game entry through multiple iterations. This opportunity isn’t for people who hates "revisions" and doesn't understands the drive and passion that comes in completing a fully working game. We’ll give you enough time to sleep, work or do your life duties during the jam though as long as you can accomplish your tasks - no crunch or burnout...guaranteed!

• You must be open in exploring or learning these unfamiliar game dev tools. You don’t have to worry if you don’t know some of these tools as I will be teaching you exactly how to use them before the jam kick-off. Technically, we will be using Gather as our live communication tool, fTrack for project management and version control, Milanote for documentation and Miro for live meetings. We use Unity as our main game engine.
    Our game jam preparation starts on January 20 (1:00 AM - 4 hours before the game jam). The initial jam kick-off starts at January 20 (4:30 PM - GMT 8+ Philippine Timezone).

That’s it! Does this opportunity interest you? Do you meet the above qualifications? If so, you can register here to see if you’ll be a good fit.

REGISTER HERE >>> https://forms.gle/Ubyfq8Ba5Kc2y1Ln7

GLOBAL GAME JAM OFFICIAL SITE: https://globalgamejam.org/about

GGJ 2022 THEME: