Search Unity

Games Are you a retard? [Warcraft3]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by RepoGames, Aug 3, 2017.

1. RepoGames

RepoGames

Hello,
    As we all love excellent Warcraft3 custom maps here is one I had plenty of fun playing it.

Are you a retard?

This is a game when you quickly get 100% right answer whether you are a retard or not. The point is to reach the end of the map whilst avoiding traps.

As the Warcraft3 has its good time its no longer so popular. I want to prolongue the excitement playing this custom map in a new fashion engine.

What's done:
    -found assets that are needed for first two trials.
    -Camera following
    -Navigation to mouse point click using navmeshes
    -Animations

Bez tytułu.png

Target: Steam

I will update this topic often, hope thats enough reason not to put it into small games thread ;)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

You might avoid some criticism if you would replace the word retard by something like idiot/dumbass/moron/...

3. RepoGames

RepoGames

Well you mean the name is offensive? That's the original name of the game;)

Today I've finished the first riddle - mysterious chest ;)
    Bez tytułu2.png
    Features:
    -Highlighting colors
    -Canvas ui facing camera above objects when highlighting element
    -Attack/interact systems
    -Destroyable gate
    -All player animations
    -Stateful player

Problems:
    -Issues with NavMeshAgent where player is strangely walking super-slow sometimes or can not find path when near NavMeshObstacles.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  4. boxhallowed

boxhallowed

Don't rename your game, or alter your language EVER to please someone else. Period. If that's what you want it to be, then it should be that. No exceptions. This pleasing the PC crowd bullshit needs to end.

That being said, don't be surprised when sales slump a bit.

dadude123 and FMark92 like this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hello everyone. Discussion is moved to general for any discussion about the thread title, so hunt for the topic there if you must. This thread is the author's WIP development thread :)

6. RepoGames

RepoGames

Level 2 finished. Scary golem is waiting for ya.
    lvl2.png

Have you encountered strange path finding issues when using nav mesh obstacles? Hero is walking pretty slowly and insecure

7. RepoGames

RepoGames

I've just returned from Gibraltar.
    Level 3 finished. There was no low poly bear in free assets so ... fancy spider is waiting for you instead;)
    Bez tytułu.png

8. RepoGames

RepoGames

Sup guys. I've added level4 and level 5.
    I've fixed some navmeshagent issues decreasing the angular speed yet its still not perfect.
    Also added normals, shadows and new easy gui drag&drop system ;)
    Untitled2.png

9. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Why is there no way to ignore/block this offensive thread from the forum? Member is already ignored.

10. Murgilod

Murgilod

That's odd. If you've ignored the member, they should (as in, it is built into the functionality of the forum) have none of their threads show up in the thread list. You may want to fire off a bug report or mention it in the Meta-Forum discussion forum.

wetcircuit likes this.
  11. RepoGames

RepoGames

Well leaving this forum is the only option mate ;)

dadude123 likes this.
  12. RepoGames

RepoGames

Woah, a lot of work already done. Whole GUI and interaction system. That took me some time. Also I've added some post effects : Bez tytułu.png
    I've realised there is so much work to do in terms of content because there is a lot of custom logic/assets/effect for every level. In Warcraft3 90% of that was already implemented in w3 engine.
    I think I'll just finish a couple of levels more, like ~10 and create some trailer to see if people would like to play it. I dont think kickstarter campaign is a good point there but maybe someone would be interested in finishing it. I will just create the demo version and trailer and maybe I will to ask some youtubers if they are interested in playing it ;) .

Anyway I'm having a lot of fun creating this crazy content nevertheless there is a looot of work to do here : ))

13. RepoGames

RepoGames

Woah, there is a lot of work going on guys. Improved UI, added tons of mechanics/sounds/effects/assets.
    7/10 levels done. I think it starts looking well. On the screen you can see dynamic mesh change.

Bez tytułu.png

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  14. RepoGames

RepoGames

Sup folks, I've managed to finish the alpha version :)

15. RepoGames

RepoGames