Search Unity

Are we allowed to record/stream our work if we are appointed a certain task?

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by DaSerialGenius, Oct 1, 2020.

1. DaSerialGenius

DaSerialGenius

I have a youtube channel that I'm trying to grow so I regularly stream whatever I'm working on, mostly its doing hackerrank interview questions and occasionally showing some changes that I made to a game that I'm working on.

Am I allowed to stream my work on this project or would that be some kind of IP breach? I feel like it would help my small audience get into like what my work would be as a part of a larger project

cirocontinisio likes this.
  2. luisquid

luisquid

Hmm since it's an open source project I'd say that you could be able to stream it. After all this is all going to be available to the community. Just do not resell any of it's content and I think we should be good to go. You could look more into the project's licensing for more information about it.

3. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Yes, totally, you can stream yourself working on it, no problem!
    As Luis says, for any other use you can refer to the license (which is a regular Apache 2.0 license)

MileyUnity and Proryanator like this.
  4. Proryanator

Proryanator

Scrolled through the threads and found this one, super useful conversation guys thank you! I also stream on Twitch, it's good to know that I could stream the work for this project too! (Some of my viewers are co-workers who might join in and contribute too who knows).

ChemaDmk and luisquid like this.