Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Are Unity Analytics (legacy) still working?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by ink13, Feb 22, 2022.

1. ink13

ink13

Hey. I've had a few days trying to get the legacy version of analytics working.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalytics.html#:~:text=Unity Analytics is a simple,and their in-game behavior.

I've installed the Unity Analytics Library (3.5.3) from the package manager and have a project with a number of custom and standard events. After 4 days, no event data (in any form) has populated through to the dashboard.

I'm aware that the push is now to use the new system - but has anyone had any recent success with the old system? I'm trying to figure out if i've done something wrong or if maybe the old system is offline?

Code wise my custom events look like;

Analytics.CustomEvent("Shop Event", new Dictionary<string, object>

{

{"deck", deckIdentifier },

{"unlockIndex", unlockedIndex }

});

and standard events

AnalyticsEvent.TutorialStep(index, tutorialID);

Maybe i'm missing something, I can't make heads or tails of it.

2. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I might well be wrong here, but I think when you opt-in to New Analytics then Legacy Analytics only receives standard events. Custom events are not received (across all projects?) although they don't fail.

I could be wrong though (very likely) but am sure I interpreted the documentation that way.

Sadly I read that after opting in! :(

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@ink13 Can you confirm that you are looking under the Legacy Analytics section of the Dashboard? Please send me your Unity ProjectID in a private message and I'll take a look.

4. ink13

ink13

Hi Jeff, thanks very much. I've sent you a direct message with the details.

5. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

@ink13 Ignore me, I might have interpreted it wrong. Just checked and can see some custom events from yesterday (when I switched to New Analytics last Friday). Sounds like this could be another issue. Sorry!

ink13 likes this.
  6. ink13

ink13

Oh I didn't know that. I don't seem to be recieving either type of event - I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong.

7. ink13

ink13

Jeff pointed out my problem very quickly. I'm running adblocking software (ublock) and that was messing with my view of the webpage.

PeachyPixels and SebT_Unity like this.
  8. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Apologies for the red herring both! It had been a long few days and was feeling pretty jaded last night.

Glad it's working and was something simple :)

ink13 likes this.