Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there rigs identical to the mecanim rig?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Ne0mega, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

P.S. this little thing i resolved, figured out it had to do with Unity's ability to distinguish fingers from eachother... names with numbers can work, but names with thumb and i ring and middle and index work better: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ani...hen-set-to-humanoid-rig.1075113/#post-6951269

I have been fooling around with my armature in Blender for days now. It works fine, everything works, but I want it to be perfect, because when I start trying to do tricky stuff with scripts and other objects attached to the rig, that's when things stop working so well. So I have been fooling around with my armature for days now, trying to get a set up that is exactly in sync, (same bones, same rotations, etc) as mecanim's default rig.

So I am thinking, it would be really, really nice, sweet and kind of Unity, if they released 3 rigs, one for Maya, one for 3DS, and one for Blender, that are oriented exactly as Mecanim default rig is, with all the bones oriented exactly as Mecanims default TPose wants them. It would also be nice and kind if these rigs, upon export back to Mecanim, would get absolutely 0 re-rotating from Mecanim to refit Mecanim's required orientations.

By the time it is released, I'll have made my own, I am sure, but it could really help the rest of the world from losing valuable 3d animators from stabbing themselves in the eyeballs and punching their monitors.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
unityunity