Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there Inputfields?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by valourus123, Jan 21, 2019.

1. valourus123

valourus123

Just a quick question? Is there a way I can have an inputfield, so when the user clicks on it, his keyboard pops up?

2. NiallT

NiallT

Right now, input UI isn’t available. What I’m doing to get things working for now is just using the browser prompt dialogue:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. userResponse = window.prompt(“What do you want?);
    I’m actually wrapping it in a separate function so that I can change it easily when Unity get text input working.

valourus123 likes this.
  3. valourus123

valourus123

yea nice humble pattern :)

for some who don't know humble objects, good source:
    https://ieftimov.com/tdd-humble-object

4. NiallT

NiallT

No it's not.

" We accomplish the pattern by reducing the logic close to the boundary, making the code close to the boundary so humble that it doesn't need to be tested. "

That's not what I'm doing at all. I'm wrapping an API because I want to be able to switch that API out for another at a later stage. It's just plain old good coding practice, and while you can call it anything you want and declare it a pattern (I don't know, "keep the receipt" because you're going to exchange it later?) I really don't see the point in design patterns -- they only ever seem to take a fairly straightforward idea and make it look more complicated than it was to start off with.

5. valourus123

valourus123

6. sopacer

sopacer

Will the new release of tiny (with C#) have a more logical way of creating input fields (for both phones and pc)? Or will this be the only way of dealing with input fields? @raymondyunity ;)
    Will the new release of tiny (with C#) have a more logical way of creating input fields (for both phones and pc)? Or will this be the only way of dealing with input fields? @raymondyunity ;)

7. raymondyunity

raymondyunity

Unity Technologies

Hi @sopacer,

Please refrain from tagging administrators to get specific development answers. There are a whole bunch of moving parts when it comes to Tiny/ECS and bringing features that users can easily adapt to and use. I can say now that the modules like Watchers, UIControls, and javascripts hacks that people are coming up with the forums are great but are not a representation of the final product. Please check out the pinned FAQS in the forums.

Love the enthusiasm though!

sopacer likes this.
  8. sopacer

sopacer

Hi raymondyunity,

Sorry for tagging (the second tag/text was there by mistake).:oops:
    Thanks for pointing out the FAQ's
    I will wait patiently for the C# release and hopefully there will be an logical way to use input fields.
    Again sorry for the double tag :(