Search Unity

Are there any women (like me) out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superwaugi (Artcue), May 10, 2010.

1. Superwaugi (Artcue)

Superwaugi  (Artcue)

I´m just curious how many women are developing in unity?
    I am a painter and startet to make 3d modells and texture them....because I find it amazing to virtually paint in 3d. But in fact it was no fun, that the things didn´t move.
    But with unity you can create a world and jump into it the next moment.
    That`s just great!

All the best
    Superwaugi :)

2. spacefrog

spacefrog

Just've seen you sit in Vienna like myself. I always love to read from people who are located here in vienna and active on the unity forum too..

While i'm male, i did some project work for another female artist using Unity, sitting in vienna too...

http://syl-eckermann.net/

But she's not active on the forum, AFAIK...

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

There are most definitely some female Unity developers out there so hopefully they'll chime in soon. From what I've seen in the games industry there seem to be more and more women taking up the development end of things which I think is a very cool thing indeed!

Anyway, let's hear from the ladies in the house, who's out there making games? :)

4. Superwaugi (Artcue)

Superwaugi  (Artcue)

i really appreciate that you guys answered :wink: -

to spacefrog....i`ll sent you an email....maybe we`ll have coffee sometime - both being in vienna ...

to tom.... yes, i do hope there are more women developing.....since unity lowered the barrier for programmingnewbies quite a bit (the book from will goldstone is a great help, too, as of course is all the stuff from unity directly).

so again: are there any women out there? :D
    all the best

5. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Paging GirlFlash and shotgunfox to the white courtesy phone please... (two women on the forums here, both doing cool stuff)