Search Unity

Are there any standard facial rigging?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Thaina, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Thaina

Thaina

I means, there could be morph target or facebone or anything. But are there a generic standard way to make it be the same format and could easily be reuse facial animation from other people?

Such as, suppose we do blendshape, should we separate left/right eye closing/frowning/raising/squinting? And how should we work on the many shape of mouth? How many blend slider we should have made?

Same for if we use bone. How many bone for each part of face?

Or do we have another technique? Does the iOS AR face define standard specification for create face to map expression?

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

You can automatically remap facial bone animations with Mecanim, as long as you structure your skeleton on a compatible way

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Avatar.html

You've probably seen the humanoid avatar diagram in the model import settings when you set the rig to "humanoid". There is also a button next to it for the head and hands. When you click the "head" button, it will show you a close-up of the head and what bones that you can map.

Thaina likes this.
  3. Thaina

Thaina

Sorry, I don't know I miss something or not, but I can only see eye rolling and jawbone in avatar setting. But what I meant facial animation is more detail like cheek and lips and eyelid, something like those

Haapavuo likes this.
  4. Haapavuo

Haapavuo

Same problem here. Seems like that even in 2022, Unity does not support facial rigs! This is terrible!