Search Unity

are there any legal requirements when using assets purchased from the asset store?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerbearGames1004, Jan 2, 2023.

1. JerbearGames1004

JerbearGames1004

recently ive been using chatGPT to help answer all my oddball questions, but its not always accurate. anyway when asking about legal rights with asset store purchases it was suggesting some assets may require i credit the creator of the asset. is this ever the case or am i pretty covered to just throw asset store assets in my game as i please? what do i need to look out for?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Read license notes carefully, of assets you are purchasing.
    Each asset can have different license terms.

Ryiah, tsibiski and angrypenguin like this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Most of the assets on the store are subject to the exact same terms-of-service. https://unity.com/legal/as-terms. There are a few exceptions that are either free, or maybe they have a special agreement with Unity. If that is the case then the exception will be mentioned in the asset's description.

So far I don't recall any asset on the Asset Store that required attribution.

Obviously, if you download assets somewhere other than the Unity Asset Store, that site will have it's own terms of service which may be different than Unity's.