Search Unity

Are there any indy/pros interested in giving a small talk in Kent, Washington?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S3dition, Jun 3, 2015.

1. S3dition

S3dition

Hey all,

I'm part of a college sponsored development group that meets the second Thursday of every month that holds short seminars to discuss development. I'm going to be giving a small talk on general application development in Unity, and the event coordinator would like to invite a member of the industry to give a talk on the video game industry. It doesn't have to be Unity specific. There is a free beer from a local brewery in it for someone who is interested. The audience is primarily bachelor level students pursuing development and network engineering degrees.

The only real requirement is that we need someone with professional experience. My dabbling and handful of games, sadly, doesn't count.

Here is our group's meetup and a bit of extra information about it: http://www.meetup.com/Kent-Station-Web-Mobile-Developers/events/222160221/

EDIT:

I should also mention that the talk tentatively take place in September.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Ony

Ony

Well damn, if I still lived up that way I'd sign up in a heart beat. Was there something about games or whatever? All I saw was "free beer" and "local brewery".

Deleted User and Kiwasi like this.
  3. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Sounds fun - guiding young students is one of my favorite things! And unfortunately, I'm in Virginia Beach. Good luck!
    Gigi

4. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Free Beer? Aren't you in luck. I'm a major player in the Vancouver gaming scene. Have you heard of EA? One of my neighbours works there.

Ony likes this.
  5. S3dition

S3dition

Yes, something about games and a pint on me from Airway Brewery ;)

Game playing or game developing? I could fill a week long seminar on game playing. But I was tasked with finding someone tied to game development with much more experience than I.

However, if either of you are interested in giving some insight on the game industry from an insider's perspective, I'm happy to oblige with the pint of beer.