Search Unity

Are there any C# coders Around

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CallofZON, Apr 21, 2020.

1. CallofZON

CallofZON

I just want some coders to be friends with and learn code from and experiment on my project with. if anyone wants to code with me or give tips on how to code feel free to contact me. I'm 22 years old. My discord is ZON #5136. My facebook is Jordan Oemcke. if you try to get me on facebook tell me you're a C# Coder for unity.

2. bobisgod234

bobisgod234

IIRC Unity has a Discord. You can join that.

It is unlikely that any developer is going to privately teach you how to program for free. This is normally the sort of thing people charge money for.

You can get free advice on the forums, but make sure you have had a decent shot yourself first. Nobody likes googling someone else's question, and finding the answer is #1 on the search results.

ShilohGames and Ryiah like this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

This. Some people will want to be paid but then there are those who understand that while we could teach you privately you would be the only one benefiting from it. By teaching you through the forums everyone benefits both now and in the future.

4. ippdev

ippdev

To paraphrase an age old quote. "The board helps those who help themselves." Figure out what you want to create and devise a step by step approach that logically proceeds from asset creation or acquisition to devising the components per object that will create the core mechanics. When stumped learn to use search engines and correctly word the problem you are trying to solve. Add "Unity3D" to your search query as often the C# enterprise code will steer you in a direction not necessarily suited to this game engine. Cut and paste the code snippets you come across and alter them properly such as naming conventions. you will understand in regards to your game or application so you understand them down the road as well as commenting the code so you understand just what the heck you are doing step by step. When truly stumped then write a post explaining your roadblock and if including code then make sure to use code tags. This will be greatly appreciated and show you have put in effort. Long time developers are much more inclined to help novices if they have shown they have taken the time and effort. The console and Inspector are your greatest tools in understanding what is happening.

Kiwasi and Ryiah like this.
  5. Rasly233

Rasly233

I think its nice that peole now use discord id, that is positive news that we need today. Also i cant c# i only code in binary.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

People, dropping his discord in here right out the gate means he's not even checking the thread. Create user, create thread, spam discord and FB info, close tab.

Ryiah and ippdev like this.
  7. Rasly233

Rasly233

Btw you have better chances to find people on cord.