Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the editor issues known?

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by garryjnewman, Sep 26, 2019.

1. garryjnewman

garryjnewman

There's a few basic issues that I'm hitting every day in 2019.3b4, I'm not sure if they've been talked about.
    • Can't drag from Project window to Inspector field (it instead selects that asset)
    • Selecting items in project window is inconsistent
    • Pressing up and down in project window to change selection is inconsistent
    • Doesn't show triangle/poly count in preview when selecting a mesh in project
    • When the selection window pops up after pressing the target on an object field, it'll only select the first object, clicking on others does nothing
    • If objects are named the same when selecting, it'll select both of them
    • Icons don't show up until you select the item in project view

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I too am also having the selection issues and project window issues.

The selecting both objects named the same thing is a real issue for me right now, and have abandoned using 2019.3b4 for now until next version where these will hopefully be fixed (rendering it usable again)

3. jeffweber

jeffweber

I'm also having a number of these issues even in 2019.3.5

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce the issue, it would help if could you submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

As Peter said, bug reports for the individual issues would be greatly appreciated.

6. garryjnewman

garryjnewman

I'll file some today