Search Unity

Are props still viable to sell on the store? 3D mod looking for tips starting out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OffThHeezay91, Feb 26, 2019.

1. OffThHeezay91

OffThHeezay91

Hi, I have noticed that in the Asset store forum page it is mainly dominated by packages which provide game building services and tools. I want to start selling props on the asset store with some functionality as prefabs. I just don't know if it will be worth spending the time to do so as there is already so many props out there.

I'm not looking to get a million sales a month, 1 or 2 is fine with me. Does anyone have experience with selling props here? I would love any advice tips on the subject.

Thank you

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Business as any other.
    You will not receive encouraging responses, from your potential competitors.
    Either you do the business, and test market demand for your self, or dont.

You should ask yor self a question, "What my asset can provide better, than any other".

Regarding your imaginary Milion number, make rational analysis First. How mam games releases, How many unique devs are there, How many of them May be actually interested in purchases of assets.

You would really need 1000 different assets, which are standing out, multiplied by 1000 sales each, to get a milion sales a month.