Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Are point light shadows supported in URP now?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Bovine, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Bovine

Bovine

Hi there, I'm using the latest 2021 beta build, 2021.1.0b2.1745. I was playing about with point light shadows in the editor, not expecting them to work yet in URP but they appear to, certainly work in the editor.

I have a customer shader that is using the shadows generated from a point light to effectively mask the view they would have when observed from a 3rd person - the kind of thing you get in table top games.

This does not work in builds, unless my shader is lit - I've been doing unlit and in theory setting the keywords within the shader.

However, when I change the shader to lit and output a black albedo with the colour plugged into the emissive, it works on PC, not in my quest headset, so a presume some render pass was being disabled, though I thought I saw a fix had gone in around this area?

Is there something I need to do to have the shadow pass still run in URP for unlit shaders? Are point light shadows supported on Android\Oculus, in which case, what do I need to do to get them working?

See screenshot of basic working view - some pillars and walls really and with it not working.

Attached Files:

2. Bovine

Bovine

Just bumping this up - has anyone had any joy with point light shadows on mobile (or PC) or can anyone confirm whether they should work in the latest build (2021 beta build, 2021.1.0b2.1745)

3. Bovine

Bovine

I see that point light shadows are supported, but I've never had them work on the Quest, is this to be expected?

4. Bovine

Bovine

The disappointment of googling to see if this is now fixed and finding your own question on the subject... again. I wonder if am disabling it somehow and it should be working...