Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Are avatar muscle limits respected?

Discussion in 'Animation Previews' started by danUnity, Jul 28, 2020.

1. danUnity

danUnity

Hi,

Do the TwoBoneIK constraint and other constraints take into consideration the character avatar's muscle limits? ( I do not have animator controller/animation on the character, everything is animated using the constraints )

It looks like it from my tests but I want to know if it's intended behavior...

Thank you!

2. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Yes, that is true,
    The animation jobs ultimately retarget the generic constraint evaluation back to humanoid in the animation stream when they have finished executing. Muscle limits in the humanoid stream will be applied after `ProcessAnimation` when the humanoid character is written back to transforms.

danUnity likes this.
  3. danUnity

danUnity

Ah great to know!

Thank you a lot for the valuable information Simon!

I actually spend a couple of hours trying to understand why my arms were moving in a strange way before realizing the muscle limits of the avatar seemed to be a applied after the constraints. Happy to know for sure now!

I hope it will also help other people with the same question :)

unityunity