Search Unity

Are App-Upgrades on iOS treated as "New Users"?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by jkraptor, Jun 24, 2015.

1. jkraptor

jkraptor

I recently noticed a big spike of new users in unity analytics, and this spike seemed to correlate with a big spike in app-upgrades on the app store. A new update to the game was just approved, leading to ~50 app upgrades a day for the last few days. In the same 2 day period, there have been ~35 "new users" showing up each day in unity analytics. However, looking at the sales numbers, there have only been ~10 actual new installs between iOS and Android on both of those days. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. elie-noune

elie-noune

Hey @jkraptor,

App updates are usually handled as returning users, not new installs. Could it be that these are test users who are downloading your app and not being counted on iTunes and Google Play. If not, please post a support ticket so we can get your project ID and look into that

Thanks!

3. jkraptor

jkraptor

We don't currently have a way for users to download the app through TestFlight or anything like that, and most of the test accounts are under our control. Where should I post a support ticket? As a topic on the forums here, or somewhere else?

4. sschan

sschan

5. jkraptor

jkraptor

Thank you for the link! Also, can I just say that I am consistently impressed with how responsive the whole Unity team is on these forums? You guys rock!

angeloferro and sschan like this.