Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

ARcore + ZXing for barcode scanning

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by michelbechara7, Jul 24, 2018.

1. michelbechara7

michelbechara7

Hello everyone.

I am using ARCore for the first time for a project.
    I'm trying to scan a QR code and make an object appear next to it (to test positioning) and stay at this position even if I move away. QR code is scanning well using the ZXing library, and the object is appearing and staying.
    However, if I scan the QR code from a close distance, the object will appear next to it but not at the exact same location every time. If I scan it from a far distance, the object will appear very far from the QR code.

How can I make an object appear at an exact location, no matter how far I scan the QR code from?