Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

ARCore + Vuforia Or Alternative

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by Nigey, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Nigey

Nigey

Hi Guys,

Pretty simple. Trying to get some marker based technology in ARCore. So I have a marker in the world (can either be a image or geometry, whichever is easier), which is reconised and a GameObject is then Instantiated at that point. From there it can interact with the 3D world as per standard ARCore. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Saicopate, FrozenGun and thieum like this.
  2. FrozenGun

FrozenGun

3. Nigey

Nigey

As I'm getting some likes, I'm doing a shameless bump. It looks like I'm not the only one interested in this feature.

4. thieum

thieum

I'm also looking into this, and found only expensive plug-ins so far, able to do 2D image recognition:
    - OpenCV
    - Vuforia
    - Wikitude
    3D recognition is even much higher priced!
    The workflow is not straigthforward: you have to upload your images/3d models in their database as to be recognized...
    Definately interested in alternatives ;°)

5. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

I'm looking for something like that too.

6. NicolasDecelle

NicolasDecelle

7. RegisVe

RegisVe

easyar.com perhaps?

8. mikeborodin

mikeborodin

I'm also interested in this, Augmented Images of ARCore 1.2 are not such good at recognition of non-flat images or images from some distance. You could try kudan.eu