Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

ARCore to iOS Compatible with AugmentedImages?

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by sunnykoung16, Feb 1, 2019.

1. sunnykoung16

sunnykoung16

Hi all,
    I'm working on a project with a group using ARCore to create a AR business card using AugmentedImages. One of the things we wanted to do was see if it was iOS compatible. I already saw Google's Quickstart for iOS and that only CloudAnchors are supported for both iOS and Android but I wanted to make sure and not jump to conclusions.

https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/unity/quickstart-ios

2. chaosemer

chaosemer

Official Google Employee

Your understanding is correct. Only Cloud Anchors are currently supported through the ARCore API on both iOS and Android. You'll need to write your own cross-platform layer at this point in time.