Search Unity

ARCore Remote (ARInterface Remote) is here

Discussion in 'AR' started by chantey, Jan 17, 2018.

1. chantey

chantey

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. boingsplash

boingsplash

3. l7ocHoliday

l7ocHoliday

I just ran into an issue where the RemoteDevice scene on the phone was working with the Unity editor, but after disconnecting the phone, it would no longer connect.

I found that in the build process it sends a command to create an adb forward socket connection and I'm guessing that when its unpluged, the connection is lost and needs to be reestablished next time your phone connects to the PC/adb server.

I was able to get it work by entering this command from the command prompt.

SOLUTION: adb.exe -s "adb devices name" forward "tcp:34999" "localabstract:Unity-PackageName"
    Example: adb.exe -s "123456789" forward "tcp:34999" "localabstract:Unity-com.test.testing"

Get the device name from "adb devices".
    Get the Unity Package Name from: Edit -> Preferences -> Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Identification -> Package Name.

Hope this helps! Having to rebuild to see changes is very slow. So I'm very happy to see Unity getting the remote working this early on. :)

christougher likes this.
  4. Eiseno

Eiseno

I cant get the camera view after 1.0 update.

5. christougher

christougher

@l7ocHoliday Thx! This worked. It was driving me LOCO. I also have the problem of not being able to get the camera feed, it's just a pink screen, although it is clearly finding surfaces and tracking movement... using a galaxy s7... I wonder if a different phone would work... $$$$ :confused:

6. christougher

christougher

7. DevIsDave

DevIsDave

I know this is old, but was anybody able to get AR Remote to work with their Android phone on Mac? It seems like it never gets a connection, although it says it is connected in the editor, but there is no camera feed.

8. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    christougher and Dirrogate like this.