Search Unity

Question ARCore - phone depth sensor is not being used?

Discussion in 'AR' started by KUNGENN, Apr 5, 2023.

1. KUNGENN

KUNGENN

I can't get the depth sensor of my Galaxy A80 to work in my Unity project. It's supposed to be supported by ARCore. I've tried calling ARCameraManager.getConfigurations() to see all possible configurations. It returns three different ones, all of them says "no depth sensor". Is that information coming directly from the phone or are there settings somewhere that I can change to include the depth sensor? I really don't know what to do here, I've been stuck for days and the only depth data I'm getting is from moving the phone around. The TOF sensor should be supported.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

3. KUNGENN

KUNGENN

Depth is already set to required and is working fine. The problem is that the sensor is'nt being used. And although my phone is in the list of supported devices by ARCore, there are no available configurations where the sensor is used. It's like ARCore thinks my phone isn't supported. I tried doing the same in android studio and got the same result.

4. thomas_key

thomas_key

Unity Technologies

We perform a native API query to the hardware for feature flags like Depth. I'd check to see if something is misconfigured or even damaged on the phone itself, and check if the Android build is up-to-date.

5. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

If you have tried this in Android Studio in a non-AR Foundation project with the same result, this is likely an issue on Google's end.

I don't know how our depth sensor query works for ARCore off-hand. If you'd like us to investigate please file a bug and share your bug number so we can get this assigned to someone: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting