Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

ARCore OPENGL NATIVE PLUG-IN ERROR: GL_INVALID_ENUM: error?

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by CarinaMclane, Aug 31, 2017.

1. CarinaMclane

CarinaMclane

Hi all,

I'm having a play with ARCore and while the HelloAR demo builds and runs okay (using the recommended Google recommended player settings), an OpenGL exception is triggered every frame: OPENGL NATIVE PLUG-IN ERROR: GL_INVALID_ENUM.

I've tried swapping to / from GLES 3.0 in the texture compression but this seems to make no difference. Anyone else? Ideas what may be triggering this?

This is running on a Galaxy S8.

luisforque likes this.
  2. luisforque

luisforque

I am also having that exact same problem.

3. Neticos

Neticos

Check if you use other camera, maybe you have 2 camera on scene

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please file a bug report with a minimal reproduction case and reply in here with the case #?

5. luisforque

luisforque

The reproduction case is just looking at something with the camera.

For some reason, my own project seems to produce a more rich log error than the one in HelloARCore.

Please find the below log, it can contain more valuable information:

At the end the OPENGL NATIVE PLUG-IN ERROR keeps repeating endlessly.

Just one camera on the scene, and also can reproduce on the Galaxy S8.

CarinaMclane likes this.
  6. CarinaMclane

CarinaMclane

I'm not at my desk currently, but yes, the reproduction case (for me with S8) is literally just building the HelloAR sample scene following instructions.

There was already an issue reported (found it after asking here), on the google-ar/arcore-unity-sdk github. I seconded it and they noted they could reproduce and would follow up with Unity. I can report as issue Unity-side as well, but maybe a bit of a duplication?

Link: https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-unity-sdk/issues/3#issuecomment-326299629

7. CarinaMclane

CarinaMclane

Note, though, that I don't think the OPENGL error is the same as the "Could not locate valid front buffer" - while the latter happens intermittently, the OPENGL error happens every frame for me, and irrespective of if the front buffer error has occurred.

luisforque likes this.
  8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please file reports via the bug reporter anyway? We need those for internal processing.

luisforque and CarinaMclane like this.