Search Unity

ARCore not working when not a Development Build

Discussion in 'AR' started by GreeneMachine, Nov 20, 2018.

1. GreeneMachine

GreeneMachine

Hi

ARCore doesn't work when I build my ARFoundation project as a non development build (Build Settings - Development Build). I get no camera feed (just the background color set for the ARCamera) and the UI canvas buttons are unresponsive.

I hooked it up to logcat but cannot see any errors.. just debug logs from my scripts.

I should be able to deploy a non Development build to a device right? My app works on the device once I tick Development Build.

Is there another way to see if something is causing a crash? I'm more of an IOS/xCode guy so trying to navigate the Android shtuff!!

Thanks

Update: The app crashes when I first enter the AR enabled scene... before it asks for camera permissions. If I enable cam permission in Settings and relaunch, it still crashes. I have an FPS counter on screen in this scene.. and its not running. So app has crashed at this point. NOTE: This app works ok when I rebuild as Development Build. Is Dev Build more forgiving of exception errors etc? How do I see the error output on Android device?

UPDATE: Got to the bottom of this issue. I had Proguard enabled for Release. Enabling breaks ARCore. Unity 2018.2.6/ARFoundation 20/ARCore 23.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. mdurand

mdurand

GreeneMachine likes this.
  3. GreeneMachine

GreeneMachine

Thanks Mike...