Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

ARCore not working when not a Development Build

Discussion in 'AR' started by GreeneMachine, Nov 20, 2018.

1. GreeneMachine

GreeneMachine

Hi

ARCore doesn't work when I build my ARFoundation project as a non development build (Build Settings - Development Build). I get no camera feed (just the background color set for the ARCamera) and the UI canvas buttons are unresponsive.

I hooked it up to logcat but cannot see any errors.. just debug logs from my scripts.

I should be able to deploy a non Development build to a device right? My app works on the device once I tick Development Build.

Is there another way to see if something is causing a crash? I'm more of an IOS/xCode guy so trying to navigate the Android shtuff!!

Thanks

Update: The app crashes when I first enter the AR enabled scene... before it asks for camera permissions. If I enable cam permission in Settings and relaunch, it still crashes. I have an FPS counter on screen in this scene.. and its not running. So app has crashed at this point. NOTE: This app works ok when I rebuild as Development Build. Is Dev Build more forgiving of exception errors etc? How do I see the error output on Android device?

UPDATE: Got to the bottom of this issue. I had Proguard enabled for Release. Enabling breaks ARCore. Unity 2018.2.6/ARFoundation 20/ARCore 23.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. mdurand

mdurand

Unity Technologies

GreeneMachine likes this.
  3. GreeneMachine

GreeneMachine

Thanks Mike...