Search Unity

[ARCore] Incorrect shadow on large transparent plane

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by apple_juicetin, Nov 25, 2018.

1. apple_juicetin

apple_juicetin

Hello!

I'm trying to get shadows working on my ARCore port from ARKit, however, I encountered an issue which seems to be occurring on Android, OpenGL ES.

The cube is essentially on a large transparent plane that has a shader to display shadows on a transparent plane. The shader is taken from this tutorial, https://alastaira.wordpress.com/201...-unity-vertexfragment-shader-in-7-easy-steps/.

As you can see, the shadow of the cube is casted correctly, but there's a large blob of shadow on the other side of the plane that moves with the camera and disappears once its out of the FOV. It also goes away at certain camera angles.

This is my Quality settings on the shadow. I have only a single directional light in the scene.

The shadow does move further back if I increase my shadow distance, but since its running on mobile, I would like to keep my shadow distance lower. It only fully goes away at about 200 which I think is too high.

I'm running on Unity 2018.2.14f1 and this was not a problem when I built for ARKit. Kindly help if you have any idea what's happening. Thank you!!

2. apple_juicetin

apple_juicetin

Bump! Hope to get some help!