Search Unity

ARCore Examples (like HelloAR) appear as white screen

Discussion in 'AR' started by kingluuma, May 11, 2019.

1. kingluuma

kingluuma

Trying to get ARCore going but I find that the example files do not appear as expected (for example HelloAR appears as white screen) both in the Unity editor and on the Android phone (Motorola G7). Googling this symptom comes up with lots of instances with lots of different suggested solutions (sounds like a common symptom with lots of possible causes). I've tried most of the solutions I've read about but haven't gotten anywhere with solving it. I have Unity 2019.1.2f1 on Mac OS 10.14.4. I seem to be able to get other (non ARCore projects) to appear as expected in the editor and on the Android phone. Any suggestions for how to proceed ? Any ideas most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ypenia likes this.
  2. Sci-cero

Sci-cero

Did u manage to solve this? I'm having the same problem, same Unity version but on Windows 7 platform and Huawei Honor 10.

3. trojaon

trojaon

Use adb logcat to determine what causes the white screen. For me It was 2 issues:
    • Instant preview is enabled (but a plugin for unity was for some reason not recognized, disabling helped)
    • In Player Setting -> Other Setting -> Graphics API -> remove Vulkan

steril, mylonos, kpbind and 1 other person like this.
  4. nitikarj

nitikarj

Removing Vulkan Graphics API, solved my issue. I wonder if the API was always added by default or if its a new addition from later versions.

steril and comeandsee like this.
  5. comeandsee

comeandsee

It helps, thanks a lot. :)