Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question ARCore & Barracuda

Discussion in 'Barracuda' started by RRider, Sep 4, 2020.

1. RRider

RRider

Hello all!

Been trying to get ARCore SDK for Unity working together with Barracuda and ran into some issues. From the previous thread, it seems that there's no definite support of Barracuda and ARFoundation just yet (however, last reply from Mantas-Puida back in May was before v1.0.1 release).

When enabling both ARCore and Barracuda, it raises an error saying there are multiple Google.Protobuff.dll's (one from Barracuda and one from ARCore):

PrecompiledAssemblyException: Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name
    Google.Protobuf.dll included or the current platform. Only one assembly with the
    same name is allowed per platform.

I renamed ARCore's DLL to something else and the error went away (not worrying about impact to ARCore yet). However, new error came up where multiple object definitions from Google.Protobuf were apparently found in multiple versions:

... Generated\Onnx.cs(4160,33):error CS0433: The type 'CodedOutputStream' exists 
    in both Google.Protobuf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and
    'Google.Protobuf, Version=3.9.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7d26565bac4d604'

I'm not sure where does it find additional Google.Protobuf with version 0.0.0.0 since I renamed the one from ARCore.

Is there a way to set Barracuda to use ARCore's protobuf.dll? Any help is appreciated!

ROBYER1 and equinlan like this.
  2. equinlan

equinlan

I am having the same issue, except with the Google Maps SDK for Unity and Barracuda. For me, I had to delete the Google Maps Protobuf DLL. So far I haven't run into any problems, but it does seem like there should be a better solution.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    RRider likes this.
  3. RRider

RRider

Good to hear that at least deleting one of them didn't cause any more issues, compared to this.

Either way, if anyone is else is looking for possible solutions, derenlei posted a Barracuda + ARFoundation project github repo in another thread.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  4. andresmqa

andresmqa

Same error with me ARCore and Google Maps, I realize of SDK doesn't work well if we delete some of these DLL.
    Currently I am trying to rename it, but some files are using the reference of that DLL files, so there is the issue.
    I will try to change that references, but I am not sure where they are.
    If I found something, I will share here.