Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcolib - Augmented Reality Components

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yezaldivar, Jan 20, 2017.

1. jpienbro_apollojourney

jpienbro_apollojourney

2. IvanRoyale

IvanRoyale

I'm using the very latest Unity 2017.3.1p3. I would like to know before I purchase, is Arcolib still compatible with the latest Unity? Can it be run simultaneously with ARCore? I'm looking for a Vuforia substitute, because Vuforia won't run with ARCore (Vuforia claims that it uses ARCore when it's available, but my tests suggest otherwise).

3. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Hi!
    I would like to test the tracking quality before purchase it. There's any APK and marker to print to test it?
    Bye!

4. Kat-oh

Kat-oh

Man, this is really impresive! It works in the latest Unity versions? Please say yes

5. cameotw

cameotw

Hi,
    I bought this asset today and running on Unity 2017.2.0f3 but nothing working
    Any barcode detect or qrcode detect example scene cannot detect anything.
    How to make this work?

yosun likes this.
  6. Milance

Milance

Hi,
    I'm seriously considering buying this asset, but prior to that, I would very much appreciate if I could get some info on build sizes with Arcolib. This is one of the main concerns that put me away from Vuforia, so I will paste here a table with quick Android APK size analysis with Vuforia.
    Could someone please be so kind to specify how would last row in a table below look like for Arcolib (empty scene with Arcolib), or in other words - how big could I expect APK size to become after adding Arcolib without any additional models or images?

upload_2018-3-31_19-38-12.png

Thanks in advance.

7. Milance

Milance

Sadly, based on support response times, this asset/forum seems to be rather dead? I would love to be wrong...

8. ina

ina

Is there an OpenCVForUnity example that works with this?

9. yosun

yosun

it looks like there's face tracking support in the last arcolib... has anyone been able to get that to work? What kind of face data sets work here?

10. eyeofhorus

eyeofhorus

Is there a way to reduce the jitter after showing a 3D model?

11. robbiehunt

robbiehunt

A previous comment mentions using a camera smoothing script to smooth out the jittering - has anyone gotten that work?

Also, how would I go about rotating and moving an object that's on a marker?

12. chrismadda

chrismadda

Hi,
    I just bought Arcolib. could you please send me a link to use qr code and face detection tutorial.
    Thank you.
    Chris

13. joergburbach

joergburbach

Hi there,
    I tried Arcolib with Unity 2017.3, but the editor got stalled, and the webcam shot down on my Mac.
    Any news on a stable 1.x-version, especially for Unity 2018.1 and forth?
    Thanks!
    Joerg

edit: it works, but only on device - not in Unity editor o_O

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  14. ina

ina

When building a windows .exe it doesn't seem to track?
    Works fine in editor...

15. ina

ina

Are there any constraints or settings that need to be modified to build a Windows .exe? I'm able to get tracking to work in editor but it doesn't show up in the exe

16. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi Milance
    Yes, it has been a while since no replies are posted here but I can guarantee that the project is not dead. Just we are setting up some important things before continue the development. The community will have news (as soon as possible) about the new road map for Arcolib. I hope the new strategies will be embraced by all. The library certainly will have all the features we have promised. I am sorry to have kept you waiting for so long.

17. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi, the early preview for face tracking (in the current public version) supports HaarCascade data sets encoded with FastLZ to reduce the size of training data. This feature will be improved as soon as we take up again the development, allowing to add new data sets through ModelManager tool included in the UnityEditor.

18. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Please use some interpolation when apply the raw pose estimation. Use this fix on Symbol.cs in Matrix4x4Extensions
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public static class Matrix4x4Extensions
    3. {
    4. public static void CopyTo(this Matrix4x4 m, Transform transform, bool applyOrientation = true)
    5. {
    6.    float lpf = 0.02f; // low pass filter
    7.    if (applyOrientation)
    8.    {
    9.      Quaternion orientation = Quaternion.identity;
    10.      MatrixOrientationToQuaternion(ref m, ref orientation);
    11.      transform.rotation = Quaternion.Slerp(transform.rotation,orientation,Time.time * lpf);
    12.    }
    13.   transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(transform.position, m.GetColumn(3), Time.time * lpf );
    14. }
    16. // ...
    17. }
    This is only a basic solution but it will solve the jitter problem.

eyeofhorus likes this.
  19. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Please see my previous response.
    The object controlled by the behavior will automatically use the 3D pose estimated by the tracker so any change you do will be omitted. The approach is to use this object (the object you set on the Unity Inspector) as an empty container and set all your augmentation layer over this object placing and rotating all visual objects as you need in local coordinate system relative to it parent. When the tracker set the pose estimation to the container all objects will be represented using this pose as origin.

20. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi dear community!
    We are happy to inform all of our customers and friends that despite the long time in standby we are currently planning a new roadmap for the library and you guys will be notified when we decide the final strategy. You will not be affected at all in your current license, quite the opposite, you all will have new benefits. Thanks for your support and patience.

21. graum

graum

I'm loving the Arcolib library so far, but there are a few questions I had that I have not found answers to so far:

1) On iOS 11.3, XCode 9.3.1, Unity 2018.1, when I turn the Arcolib camera on, the orientation seems to be off (flipped by 90 degrees counter-clockwise). I have forced my orientation the app to Portrait mode and tried turning Auto Orientation on and off as well as play around with resolution settings to no effect. Is there a way to fix this?

2) I also get a little number up in the top left hand corner (usually it'll say 0 or 90, but changes to other numbers sometimes). Can I turn this number off?

Nice work, and looking forward to seeing what the new roadmap for Arcolib is!

22. graum

graum

Just some added information. The problem with the camera orientation being flipped seems to be with the Native Camera Setup. I switched to Web Camera Setup and the orientation was great.

On number 2, I commented out a line in the Input Controller that displays the numbers. Maybe create a Debug flag that we can toggle on and off for that?

Thanks again!

23. copenhaverjf

copenhaverjf

Hi there. First of all, I have to say that nearly everything I've done with arcolib so far has been great! Hoping you can help me out a bit here with the Native Camera Input. I've been primarily working on Android (my test device is a Nexus 6P), and I seem to have run into an issue turning on Native Camera Input in my app. Two main things I'm seeing: #1 My app crashes when I attempt to load a scene when the Input Source is running. #2 I have features that are calling external Android intents to capture pictures and video. When I do this, my Input Source appears stuck (the background image no longer updates) when I return to the app. These issues don't happen with the WebCam texture, but the quality of the Native Camera is much better, so I obviously want to use it if possible. I've tried to call Open and Close on the InputSourceController (this seems to work fine in the editor) but trying to close the input on my Android crashes the app altogether. The idea is to be able to call Open and Close on the InputSourceController, correct? I attached the crash report if you want to take a look. I'm getting around to moving the app to iPhone so I'll be testing the same thing over there. Have you experienced any issues with the Native Camera Input in Android that would prevent me from using it?

Attached Files:

24. nx-kj

nx-kj

Hi! I bought arcolib and would like to use it for marker recognition in a room with difficult lighting. Hardware devices are fixed (Android8 tablets). So I'd like to adjust some low-level android camera parameters (using setFocusAreas, setExposureCompensation).

Any idea how I could get access to the Camera instance? arco.lib only supports a limited set of functions.

25. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

I am having IOS issues, the build results in a GRAY screen app. no camera pass through XCODE 9.3 IOS 11.3

26. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

I have it working in ARCORE.

27. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

yes that is how i use it!

28. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

when will this be?

29. michaelheiml_steyr

michaelheiml_steyr

+1

rcohen_unity likes this.
  30. pixelnaut-games

pixelnaut-games

We're interested in this product, I was wondering if there is any update on when we can get our hands on the roadmap?

31. Ariete

Ariete

Hello, I just bought this product and I am having issues with the camera.
    Whenever I try to start any of the test scenes given, my camera is not turning on, so the display is dark.
    I currently have jdk1.8.0_171 and the device I am working with are a pixel one and a nexus 6p. One with Andriod version 7.0 and the other 8.1.0.
    I know it's not the camera because I wrote a script to use the camera and it worked.
    And it's not the application completely because in scene 06, the two buttons appear in the screen plus I can rotate the screen.

I also went over all the post in this forum, but no one has gotten an answer for this issue.

Any help would be amazing.

Edit: Forgot to add that it works in the editor perfectly (be it using an external camera or a laptop camera).
    Unity version is 2018.1.1f1
    After it started it did ask me for camera permission, which I always allowed.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    rcohen_unity likes this.
  32. ina

ina

can you tell me more about your implementation

33. nullref

nullref

Hi. I am using this asset in a project at my current job. I am testing with Unity version 2018.1.5f1 and I can load a new scene from MultipleTrackersDemo scene and from a scene I made following the Arcolib Quick Setup Youtube video with SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync during Editor time. However, when building an apk file and running on a Samsung Galaxy S6, the screen freezes in the last frame taken by the camera when attempting to load a new scene. The scene load freeze issue just happens when building apk and using a Native Camera Input, using Webcam Texture Input in the Input Source Controller allows to load any scene from the one that contains ArcoCameraRig and TrackerInstance. I would like to be able to use Native Camera Input. Thanks for your help and time.

34. robin_notts

robin_notts

Hi

I'm attempting to build a very simple app for iOS (and later Android) just using CameraCapture and building on your CameraCaptureDemo example.

I'm getting a runtime error on my iOS phone when run in Xcode: EXC_BAD_ACCESS in the CameraCaptureCamerasCount() function, on the 2nd to last line:
    int32_t returnValue = reinterpret_cast<PInvokeFunc>(CameraCaptureCamerasCount)();

(Xcode 9.4, Unity 2018.1.1f, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

35. mrmdesign

mrmdesign

Awesome! It’s great to hear from you and I am glad that development is still progressing. :)

36. ina

ina

For some reason, when OpenCV+ArcoLib is built, the arcolib tracking no longer works?
    It works fine in the editor...

37. unclebob301

unclebob301

Hi guys

is there a way to switch of off the tracker camera prefab and then back on later in the users journey?

For example:
    Say we spawn a game object on image detection.
    Then we need to stop the trackers and webcam while the user does their thing.
    Then turn them on again for the next image and nest interaction

Which is the best approach:
    Having everything in one scene?
    Using prefabs and destroying and instantiating the prefabbed AR rig and tracker?
    Or simply turning off the ar tracking and cameras in code?

Android based target platform.

Cheers for the pointers, great asset and hope to see the new features.

38. Adam-Bailey

Adam-Bailey

This looks fantastic, with it being 3 months since the author last accessed the forums however I am cautious about purchasing it.

39. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

email me rcohen@webguyzcloud.com , i can show your our github and how i used it

40. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

i have SOLVED jitter , using new interpolation and a new algorithm in symbol.cs email me for more info

mrmdesign and ina like this.
  41. Flavelius

Flavelius

Hey, could you post an example video of how it looks without/with less jitter? i considered buying it, but reading through the comments made me wait for updates on this issue.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    ina likes this.
  42. ina

ina

???

43. ina

ina

checking back. has anyone been able to get opencv+arcolib to build to exe? it seems to only work in editor, when built arcolib does not work.

44. EyePD

EyePD

I'm wondering if anyone has used Arcolib in a VR application. It seems that the InputSourceController on the ArcoCameraRig is setup to set the perspective camera's projection based on the FOV reported by Arcolib's DeviceCalibration. However when running in VR, Unity will automatically set the FOV of the camera to be that of the connected VR device. Is there a way to get transforms for symbol based on a texture that's being applied to a screen quad in an arbitrary position in world space? The ArcolibCameraRig also seems to assume that the screen will be presented in an orthographic camera.

45. Image3d

Image3d

HI, I just bought arcolib and am having the following error when I try to generate the ios .ipa file for distribution:

"
    ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/....Libraries/Arcolib/Plugins/iOS/libarco.a(Unity3DInterface.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) ".

You must generate your lib with bitcode enable.

Xcode is versions 10.

Can you take a look please?

Thanks

46. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

47. BLT_Dev

BLT_Dev

Just purchased Arcolib as a replacement for the costly Vuforia. So far I am loving it. I do have some questions however:

1. With Vuforia, placing an image target in the scene allows the developer to be able to place content onto the target, so we can get a sense of scale and position in relation to the real-world target. How can this be achieved with Arcolib? Currently it instantiates objects, so they don't appear in the same position as they were placed in the scene.

2. What is the difference between the "ActivateComponentsBehavior" and the "ActivateGameObjectBehavior" scripts? They seem to do the same thing.

3. The stability of the tracking is a little shakey. The AR objects seem to jitter and shake a bit. Is this something that will be improved in upcoming updates? I am currently using 1.0.3 beta.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  48. Image3d

Image3d

It is important that the author come back to the forum and answer our questions. The product seems to bee good, but support is important, so we can decide to use it in a production product...

49. jcarpay

jcarpay

Consider this asset abandoned...

50. rcohen_unity

rcohen_unity

yes you have to recode the Camera script to stop jitter

ina likes this.