Search Unity

Arcolib - Augmented Reality Components

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yezaldivar, Jan 20, 2017.

1. neuston

neuston

Shall I ask when will the new version released? Sorry to ask, but I am going to deploy my organization's app this month, and working on the final touch. I wonder whether I should keep going with the current version, or wait for the updated version.

JoeStrout and Kingtem like this.
  2. MrFigment

MrFigment

Can I use a png image with transparency? I need to scan some stickers :(

3. sunnysun

sunnysun

Hi. I have lag issues when using several complex images (attached image as example) as features detection marker. I have tried downsizing the image but it does not help. Is there any way to solve it? Thanks

Attached Files:

4. MarcOrion

MarcOrion

Hi, is there any way to improve tracking angle? The only other AR camera I have used is vuforia and it seems compared to that product, arcolib cannot track when the marker image is tilted too far, whereas vuforia can track it at much steeper angles. Otherwise this is a great product, easy to use. Thanks.

5. ruby04

ruby04

Hi!! How do I refresh the camera? I'm changing scenes in my app but when I try to use again the scene of FeaturesTracker in which I'm using arcolib, it doesn't work the camera everything is black.

6. neuston

neuston

Even though my last question is ignored, I still have to report problem here. The app has been running well on iphone even though the NFT tracking is still unstable. However, when my client upgrade its ipad's ios to 10.3.3, the app open and clash immediately. I have done tests with your simple example, and found that Acrolib seemly doesn't work anymore with ios 10.3.3. Please check for it (in case you read this forum again). I don't fancy new version release anymore, just want problems to be fixed.

p.s. I understood that it is not easy to develop and support a plugin by oneself. Thank you for hard work anyway.

7. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I advise patience. I'm sure @yezaldivar is still reading this thread, and will get back to us as soon as he can.

yezaldivar likes this.
  8. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi
    After several weeks of absence I am back again! The new version is on review and must be available after a couples days. Please don't feel the development is stopped just I was taking a break because being a new dad is not easy. I will check that issue on iOS 10.3.3 just to find out what is failing. I also going to read this forum backward to answer all pending questions. Sorry for all inconveniences.

Malbers likes this.
  9. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi
    You usually don't need to refresh the camera (anyway the new version allows it). When you leave the scene the camera is closed automatically and when the scene loads again the camera will open. Please check if you are setting your script with dontDestroyOnLoad or if you are calling the destroy function in MonoBehavior and never call the Awake again (this is for the InputSourceController)

10. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

The tracking angle is improved in the new version. Please just wait a couple of days until it becomes available and you will notice the difference.

11. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi
    Your image qualifies for excellent marker (see image). I have tried and it works perfect for me. Could you provide more details about your issue please? If you can't get it working I can send you my working scene (with this image) to your mail. Thanks for your feedback.

Attached Files:

12. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Sure you can! The transparent part is treated as black color pixels which have no features to track.

13. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

The new version is pending for approval on the Asset Store. I think tomorrow or maximum two days to be available.

Kingtem, JoeStrout and lnguy1948 like this.
  14. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Send me your email adress to send you the new library version.
    I recompiled the library for iOS 10.3.x support please check it out to see if the error has gone.
    The previous version was compiled using de 10.1 iOS SDK.
    If the error persist send me some log file to see what's failing.

15. lnguy1948

lnguy1948

Have you tested this with ARkit? Keep up the good work!

16. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Not yet, but some people in the forum have performed some tests with good results.

17. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Arcolib 1.0.2 beta is available on the Asset Store!
    Release Notes:
    • Added torch control for mobile devices on native camera module.
    • Improved the features tracking algorithm.
    • Completely new APIs for frames and symbols.
    • Introducing behaviors to easily allow custom actions.
    • Added event dispatching and listening mechanism.
    • Introducing the Model Manager 1.0, integrated tool for data model generation.
    • Added QR code detection and tracking on barcode detection algorithms.
    • New demo scenes showing how to use the new library features.
    • Improved capturing system. You can now open, close or switch the capture device in runtime.
    • Improved components panels.
    • Added icons to editor components for easily identification.
    • Early preview of face tracking (2D only).
    • Fixed some bugs reported by the community.
    check it out!

Malbers, marcipw, mfleurent and 2 others like this.
  18. lnguy1948

lnguy1948

I tested Arcolib 1.0.2 on an iPhone 6 and it's not as good as v.1. The camera constantly switches from vertical to horizontal and vice versa. The tracking is on par with v.1 and frame rates drop constantly, even freezes or stutter for a few milliseconds. I will test this on other devices such as the iphone 7,iPad Pro. I've attached a video below. It works fine on my Mac Pro but not on the iPhone I don't have an android to test with. https://media.giphy.com/media/uieQ8nYKeiKC4/giphy.gif

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  19. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

I will check this and fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback.

20. Kingtem

Kingtem

The demo dosen't work on my Android Phone. I use "04 - FeaturesTrackerDemo". When I launch the app, which show the Unity logo and then quit.

CarbonConcept likes this.
  21. MarcOrion

MarcOrion

Thanks! Looking forward to trying out the new version. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I just tested the update and indeed the tracking angle is much improved. Thanks for this great update. The setup procedure is slightly different than from the existing setup video, but I was able to work it out well enough.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    yezaldivar likes this.
  22. devDreamer

devDreamer

yezaldivar, Congratulations on becoming a new dady ! :D

yezaldivar and Malbers like this.
  23. CarbonConcept

CarbonConcept

Same here - anyone know why ?

24. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi
    I am working on this to find out what is happening. Today I will solve this issue and the camera flip on iOS.
    I am going to try it in other Unity versions and check the native code because that issue does not occur on my Android phone. Question, are you trying the same example without any changes? Although I tried to keep the backward compatibility I recommend to regenerate the features models binary files with the new editor tool. I also know the documentation is currently obsolete, so after I fix this issues I will make new (and more) video tutorials so you can understand all concepts and avoid mistakes during exporting your apps to different platforms.

Gustavo-Quiroz and lnguy1948 like this.
  25. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

I am aware that we need new tutorials and improved documentation but first I need to fix the issues reported by the community. Thanks for your feedback.

26. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi I finally found the Android crash reason. It was a real weird serialization issue that only happens in some devices and only when the Unity Reorderable list component contains items with native code inside. I already fix it! I am going to upload the package right now. The iOS orientation problem was also fixed and is being tested.

27. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hi, I'm very interested in your plugin, I mainly work on VR/AR projects so Arcolib could be a great alternative to Vuforia and other major AR platforms.

I would just ask if it supports VR too, especially Google VR and Gear VR, that is the VR platforms I'm working the most.

Also, is it possibile to load the target images at runtime and from a remote url?

28. MrFigment

MrFigment

Thanks for the reply!!

The new update works faster and better, thanks for that!! :)... but I have an issue, when I do diferents tracks (I stop traking using the Close function in the "Input source controller") my editor and the android apk chrashes sometimes.

When I don't use the close function works fine all the time

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  29. VRARAPPS

VRARAPPS

Hi, Anybody here who develops on Arcolib help me with the Input source and video resolution in INPUT SOURCE CONTROLLER. In default scene its Native camera Input and resolution 640X480_30fps. I tested this in android device.. In portrait mode it seems good but in Landscape mode got blank space on both sides ( As my phone screen resolution is 720p). So I tried 1080p in Resolution. This time in landscape its OK but in Portrait mode everything zoomed in.

So I want to know which is best setting which works on all screen devices Or if not how can we make the video background to fit all screen sizes programmatically. i.e. Camera resolution must match with device screen Resolution.

Please reply as this very important part. I made most of my app on this but when I tested it on device camera video rendering becomes issue.
    *I'm Using latest version of Arcolib.

Arcolibcamera(720p)

MY DEVICE CAMERA

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  30. bonsaisushi

bonsaisushi

Hello! I've just bought your asset as it's amazing! Finally some free from the problem of licenses and stuff!

I like the direction this project is going, and I would like to contribute with some feature request, hope you'll appreciate it :)

1. Something like your colour tracker does, like using a small target on your finger to interact with the 3d models in the ar scene
    Example: I have a dog as a 3d model, if I put my finger with the finger tracker on ithe dog, it will jump (the 3d model works like some kind of button)

2. Never stop improving the tracking system, people will never get enough and you'll be even more satisfied (as far as it concerns me, I like how is it right now)

3. I'd suggest to disable the rotation in the editor, having the user to select to have the rendering in landscape or portrait mode, or even both. This should make the things easier for you and for the users

4. On the asset store you have an image wich tells all the features, it's awesome but make it with multiple, readable colors, people might get confused in seeing all those white writings, using color catches more the attention and people will most likely to read (this is a personal advice as a psy student)

Great job you did, thanks @yezaldivar .

yezaldivar likes this.
  31. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi.
    The zoom effect appears because the input module tries to fit the screen as best as it can automatically, but you can easily override this by manually setting the size of ArcolibCameraRig->OrthographicCamera and the fieldOfView in ArcolibCameraRig->PerspectiveCamera to match the disparity created…or add some scale value to adjust this properties proportionally using the editor. You can also set/change your own custom device resolutions (or use the presets) anytime during runtime, closing the current input and creating a new one with custom parameter, see the implementation of InputSourceController it’s easy to create new presets (just create a new NativeCamera instance setting the width,height and fps). Be aware that this not ensures a capture with those values, the device will choose the closer resolution to those values. I hope this solve your problem. Important: see on your device camera capture how the two black bars allows to zoom out the capture, you can achieve the same result by adjusting the values with the Arcolib camera but the black bars will show up at the top and bottom.

32. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hey!
    Thanks for your comments and observations. I will improve the images on the store. I will also add the FingertipTracker module for future releases. Sorry if I don’t understand quite well the rotation suggestion, do you mean to emulate the mobile devices orientation on Editor?

bonsaisushi likes this.
  33. bonsaisushi

bonsaisushi

I apologize, I'm not a native english speaker, what I meant was to let the developer decide if the screen should be able to be rotated into portrait or landscape by the app user
    Example: I set that the AR camera should only be in portrait mode, so the users will not be able to rotate the screen into landscape

yezaldivar and JoeStrout like this.
  34. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Don't apologize I am not a native english speaker either ;) You can uncheck the Auto Orientation toggle in mobile options (ArcoCameraRig inspector) this will do the trick.

35. James_CC

James_CC

Just wondering what is the version that has the fix for the Android crash on startup? I seem to be encountering this bug still, and just downloaded Arcolib this morning. I see above you said a new version was coming. Just wanted to make sure I have the latest version, or if there's some other issue I'm running into. According to the Asset Store I have 1.0.2 beta.

36. VRARAPPS

VRARAPPS

Hi,
    Thanks for reply... I played with different values But sorry I'm not able to get desired result. I just want a setting in which camera runs in Full screen on All devices. Instead of hardcoding the values, script take device screen resolution value at runtime and then set the quad accordingly.
    I have searched many tutorials, But got this [Youtube] works great.In this script it takes screen width and height while defining camera :
    cam = new WebCamTexture (WebCamTexture.devices .name, Screen.width, Screen.height);
    And then then calculates aspect ratio and then assigned it to that raw image [Aspect Ratio Fitter Component] that works as screen.
    float ratio = (float)cam.width / (float)cam.height;
    fit.aspectRatio = ratio;

In InputSourceController Script, I changed inputWidth & inputHeight TO Screen.width & Screen.height, But it not getting any difference.
    I'm not much experienced developer in UNITY, I tried best but not getting the results. Please help me out what changes has to be done.
    Thanks !

37. jeffery_koh

jeffery_koh

May i know, if i am going to deploy the app on a AR glasses, how do i turn off the background video?

38. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hi,since I hadn't any answer i'll try to pose my questions again:

I'm very interested in your plugin, I mainly work on VR/AR projects so Arcolib could be a great alternative to Vuforia and other major AR platforms.

I would just ask if it supports VR too, especially Google VR and Gear VR, that is the VR platforms I'm working the most.

Also, is it possibile to load the target images at runtime and from a remote url?

Please, if you'll find the time to answer me that would be great, I'm starting to work on a huge VR/AR project, so your infos could be useful to choose your plugin for my purposes.

Thanks!

39. Vancete

Vancete

yezaldivar likes this.
  40. KostovSolutions

KostovSolutions

Hello, quick question:
    How many objects can you track at the same time. I am developing a game where I have up to 10 cubes that need to be tracked at the same time (can be simple QR codes or markers, nothing fancy) but I need to see all objects at the same time since it is a puzzle AR game. Are there any performance limitations with the increasing amount of objects?
    Thanks!

41. Vancete

Vancete

I've just tested it:

-It works really well (maybe not at the Vuforia level, but hey, I'll bet on you), the thing is that if I deploy to my mobile, I'm getting an 4:3 ratio (or something like that) camera on a 16:9 screen device. That doesn't happens on other solutions, I think it's not getting the best camera setting.

42. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi
    Sure you can! First go to the ArcoCameraRig and break the prefab to avoid modifiying the original then remove the Screen and OrthographicCamera objects. Select the PerspectiveCamera object (the only one remaining in ArcoCamerRig) and in the inspector in Clear Flags choose Solid Color and Background select black. I think this will do the trick. You will also have to adjust the fieldOfView in the perspective camera inspector until you achieve a match with the glasses view. Please see the picture attached.

Attached Files:

43. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hi
    You can choose a 16:9 resolution on ArcoCameraRig inspector. By default the camera resolution is 640x480 (supported in most devices) but you can even set your customs resolution or implement your own camera controller. When you invoke the constructor for any existing input source (WebcamTextureInput or NativeCameraInput) you set the desired width, height and fps, if the platform supports that values it will start the camera with your settings otherwise it will start the camera with closer values to your settings. For wide screen devices select the 1280x720 preset it will work properly. See the picture attached please.

Attached Files:

44. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Hey!
    Sorry for my delayed reply. (I didn't see your questions for some reason). The plugin can be adapted to be used with VR but now I am working to provide some demo scenes. So currently there are not any sample scene with VR support. You can create targets in runtime from remote images (or captured by the camera) but the quality of tracking may vary depending on the images quality and camera sensor you use. This is still a very young project I will be working on that to improve the modules.

45. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Once we have the EnvironmentalTracker working I think it will be a very useful feature additional to the SLAM tracking.

Flavelius and Vancete like this.
  46. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

You can track up to 10 symbols per tracker (see the slider for amount of symbols in the tracker panel). But due Arcolib supports multiple trackers at the same time you can create a combined solution to detect more simultaneous symbols if were needed. (Example two BarcodeTrackers with 10 symbols per tracker will allows you to track up to 20 symbols per frame and so on...)
    If you are going to track multiple symbols I would recommend to use the conventional markers instead the QR codes because they provides better detection results that QR codes (QRs were designed to be detected closer). Using one or multiple BarcodeTracker instances will not harm the performance too much it will run pretty smooth. (Unless you use about five trackers or more …which will give you about 50 symbols per frame… I can’t imagine a scenario like that but is possible…) See the picture.

Attached Files:

47. fabri160477

fabri160477

Hi, i've just bought it. I've tried a simple example trying to match up with the tutorial video even if interface is very different. I got it working but the 3d cube appears at a fixed position eveb if i move my Galaxy s6 around. The 3d cube doesn't follow the colored marker (floral-women). Can you help me?

48. Vancete

Vancete

That means SLAM will be added to the package? Any ETA?

Thanks for the reply ;)

49. coverpage

coverpage

SLAM is rather expensive, even using visual odometry with loop closures. How feasible will it be to use in an app?

50. yezaldivar

yezaldivar

Yes, you are right. But using platform specific intrinsic instructions, the GPU and combining the devices sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, and camera) I think I can estimate at least the floor and other planes from real world. It would be a sort of optimized (and limited) SLAM to be used for augmented reality. There is not an ETA for this feature but it will be listed in my list of TODOs.