Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Archon Interactive is heading in a new direction and could use some input

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArchonInteractive, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ArchonInteractive

ArchonInteractive

Hi there,

We are Archon Interactive, a small indie company from Denmark.

We’ve made different kinds of games in the past, both mobile and PC/console titles.

However, we are reaching a point where we want to settle on a more specific genre of games to create.

But to be able to make the best games possible, we’re gonna need some input from you, the players!

We’ve made a small survey that we would like you guys to fill out, which would help us out tremendously and would give us and our future games a better sense of direction.

Link to the survey: https://da.surveymonkey.com/r/FQHPVLT

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Ryiah and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. verybinary

verybinary

Well, this wouldn't be a good place to get players, as we are primarily developers.
    This would be a question better asked to your facebook followers. If you don't yet have a following, now is a perfect time to start.

Kiwasi, Ryiah, Martin_H and 4 others like this.
  3. wccrawford

wccrawford

It doesn't matter, because they'll probably never check this thread again anyhow. It's their first post and they haven't participated in the community at all, and this is a bad start.

ArchonInteractive likes this.
  4. ArchonInteractive

ArchonInteractive

We're also interested in what developers have to say, as long as they fit the criteria we don't see a reason to exclude them. Especially since Unity is one of our main tools, we thought it'd make sense to post here as well. Don't worry, we've also made a post on our social media: https://www.facebook.com/ArchonInteractive/

We're still here, checking in once in a while to see what you guys posted :)

For some reason we hadn't made a community account for our studio, since we usually just use our personal account for lurking and posting.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I smell a copy/paste of something posted on a variety of platforms and forums with any relation to games. It also borders on being an advertisement rather than a game development discussion topic. Imagine what the forum would look like if every dev here made the same kind of thread.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Kiwasi likes this.
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Only Reddit. Twice to /r/TrueGaming with both instances being removed by moderators and once to /r/AskGames.

We don't have to imagine it.

https://forum.unity.com/forums/works-in-progress.34/

wccrawford and Martin_H like this.
  7. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

Surveys like this won't give you the guidance you need. Instead of asking other people to pick a genre for you, you need to look at your previous work and consider your own likes and dislikes.

In addition to that, surveys tend to bias previous successes, such as specific game genres that did well in the past and are relevant to players currently. What you really want to try to figure out is what genre will be well received in the future, and that is not directly tied to previous successes.

Kiwasi, Martin_H and Ryiah like this.
  8. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Got half way through. Rage quit. What a painful survey. I hope your user experience with games is better designed then your user experience with surveys.

wccrawford, Martin_H and Ryiah like this.
  9. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Have you done the survey? They aren't asking us to pick a genre.

There are some types of games which I assume they're already interested in, and they're asking us to rank a bunch of factors based on importance. That's all.

I agree with @Kiwasi, though. It was a bit of a pain to fill out, and I wonder if that won't effect your results. Certainly my own input wasn't rigorously tested against my own thoughts because it had already taken quite some mental effort and I didn't feel like expending more at that point.

@ArchonInteractive, I'm certainly interested to hear how you'll be using the results to choose "a new direction".

Ryiah likes this.