Search Unity

Architecture - Minimalist Recreation Area

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Thomas-Pasieka, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Hey there folks,

Well I thought I'd share some shots for those interested in Architectural projects with Unity. I am currently creating a little scene/demo for a client. Hope you guys like it.

Thomas

Attached Files:

2. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Here are some new shots. Did some changes...

Attached Files:

3. Zante

Zante

No webplayer? ;]

Which program did you use for the lightmapping?

4. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Hi there Zante,

I am using Cinema 4D and Bodypaint 3D for all my work. So, lighting and texturing has been done right in C4D and exported to Unity. You can find the current WIP here:

CLICK ME TO PLAY

Thomas

5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Very nice Thomas. Only thing I would suggest is to clean up the alpha channel on the plants, dark edges are showing through. There are a number of ways to fix this, and if I recall correctly, there was a thread on this a while back.

Edit: One more thing (since I'm being so critical ;) ), I'm not sure what shader you used for the reflection on the tile, but to my eye it looks too reflective. I would tone down the reflectivity a bit. Overall though, great demo.

6. defmech

defmech

Is the light spill on the edges coming from the lightmap? If so, does your geometry end right at the wall or extend slightly outward? I'm not sure how Cinema4D does it, but is there an option for padding around the edges of the lightmapped sections?

7. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Edge Padding in C4D is possible.

Nice one, overall :)

As for improvements I'd also strongly say to tone down the reflectivity of the floor tiles.
    Also I'd say that it's never good to have absolutely hard edges (like on the glas dors and metal handles). In a small scene like that you can bevel most of the hard edges.
    The player/viewer feels too big for the room. Maybe you could try decreasing the height a little as well as increasing the FOV angle. Just a guess though.

The general mood of the scene feels very good. I like the windows in the ceiling, especially. Good work so far :)

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Looking good Thomas!

9. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

2 things

a)
    better anti-aliasing

b) nice job

3. shinier! (is that really how you spell it?)