Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Architectural Visualisation : General Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmberWorks, May 24, 2020.

1. EmberWorks

EmberWorks

Hi all,

Out of curiosity, I was wondering what a "day in the life" of a real-time architectural visualisation artist looks like.

Are they architects who have adopted arch vis as an additional tool to showcase their work? Or do they work in conjunction with architects, or not at all? Would you normally work freelance or be permanently situated somewhere?

What is the main purpose of arch vis? I assume it's to allow a client to visualize what a building may look like before the building process begins, or to showcase what properties could look like when they're complete for potential buyers, but are there more examples?

When it comes to details such as furniture, carpets, etc do you create materials and assets that you re-use across multiple projects? Do you rely on asset store assets to populate a scene, with only the building plan changing?

Are there often situations where a real-time scene is not used in place of a pre-rendered scene nowadays?

I've watched tutorials and such but I find it hard to see the whole picture - which I appreciate is different for everyone, but any insight would be interesting!