Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ARCHIMATIX PRO Node-based Parametric Modeling for Unity [Unity Awards Finalist]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roryo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. dearamy

dearamy

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention the colorVal, I did add the colorVal to the AXParameter, and in both ParameterGUI and AxModelInspector, I just added "p.colorVal = EditorGUILayout.ColorField(p.colorVal)". I also tried to add the gradient color to the verts, but the EditorGUILayout doesn't support the GradientField yet. I was thinking maybe combine the uv parameters and some color array will be a substitute. I'll let you know when I find out.

And I just use the build-in Sprites-Default mat with the Sprite Shader, just to show the vertexColor.

"The color option for parameters will be in v 1.0.11 to be released in the next couple of days"
    wow, it will be really sexy if the parameters can add to the spline part or even the point node and the mesh generator just read the value and interpolate the color for other verts.

And for what it worth, I'm a big fan of the Archimatix and the AxTurtle is my favorite class for its name reminds me of Python and my college.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. dearamy

dearamy

I got a bit confused here, is this ShaperMerger supposed to update with its ShapeInput?
    So I should get a diagonal cross shape in the screenshot below, right?
    Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 16.29.22.png

3. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

4. roryo

roryo

wetcircuit likes this.
  5. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up to anyone who uses any of my packages. (Especially Archimatix Essentials, and Archimatix Pro Tools and Nodes)

There is a new version of Archimatix available, however this new version made a lot of changes to AX's base code that some of my packages directly taps in to and breaks those packages. Updates for the packages are going out tonight to the asset store, and should hopefully be live in a day or so.

So if you are using any of my packages either please wait to update your AX till the updates go live. If you need an updated version of the packages ASAP please send me a PM with your invoice number for each package you own, and i will send over updates.

Thanks again for all you support, and hope you all are having a good day.

wetcircuit likes this.
  6. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

Shape Nodes, Mesh & Material Nodes, Pro Tools & Nodes, and AX Essentials have had there updates pushed to the asset store. So hopefully the powers that be will get those approved asap.

AX Essentials brings with it the node thumbnail views which replaces the current AX thumbnail view fixing the weird floating connectors that is present in this version of AX and allows you to toggle the thumbnail view on and off as you would like on a per node basis.

Ax Essentials also features a new "Node Controls" window which allows you to edit all the parameters and properties of whatever node you currently have selected.

Ax Essentials - The mini map can now be resized when not docked. You can also right click on the mini map window now and change its "zoom" level to normal, 2x, or 4x for people who run extremly high resolution monitors. The mini map has also been updated to only show nodes that are currently visible.

All other packages have had other minor updates pushed to them, as well as compatibility changes for Archimatix 1.0.11.

For those of you interested in a "Master Pack" of all the tools and nodes like @christougher the image below is for you.
    AssetStorePreview.png
    (This is the Publisher Package Preview Page)

Archimatix Master Pack is in the asset store, and pending review. It currently includes the Shape Nodes, Mesh & Material Nodes, Pro Tools & Nodes, and Archimatix Essentials in a single package at a discounted price over purchasing them individually.

To anyone who owns two or more copies of the packages in the "Master Pack" and would like to upgrade, please contact me as the unity does not provide me a mechanic to offer a reduced price based on owning multiple other packages.

Thanks everyone, and always hope you are enjoying the node packages.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  7. Xepherys

Xepherys

***Complete Edit***

Ok, I actually found on the previous page the answer to my question of using shape merge on 3D objects. That's fine... I've played more with extruded 2D shapes to this point anyway. So now I have even more questions *bwahahahaha*...

For the model I'm making, it's a pretty simple 8-sided "circle" with a smaller 8-sided "circle" inside that is run through a difference Shape Merger to basically make an octagonal donut. Then it's extruded.

I also have a rectangle that's basically the size of a given side that should cut out from the inner wall, creating something like a cell or an open box effect. That part seems to work (it cuts out the model), but the full shape is still there when I don't want it to be. How can this be fixed?

Also, how can the repeater node be used to precisely fit these same open box cells on each of the 8 inner faces?

Lastly, because I've moved the transform of the rectangle, it's represented by the normal purple box and a new grey box that moves with a non-1:1 translation. What does the grey box represent?

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  8. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Not sure I follow this last part…. I might need a cocktail napkin schematic of the final shape…

I think you are describing an octagon room with 8 doors…? Maybe try a radial repeater for the cutout shape?

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 4.29.25 PM.png

9. Xepherys

Xepherys

Roughly yes, an octagonal room with eight doors would be about the same. I was playing with the radial repeater, but clearly need to delve into it's parameters a bit more. However it appears that using Instance 2D copies and moving them about may be better because I can then enable/disable them at runtime individually.

wetcircuit likes this.
  10. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

This is a public service announcement to any NEW customers of AX.

The latest version of AX on the asset store breaks the Archimatix Essentials pack, and may cause a few issues in Pro Tools & Nodes. There is an update awaiting review (since last week) for these two pack that fixes these issues. If you own, or have recently purchased either of these packages please contact me directly so i can send you the updated versions while we wait for the asset store team to do their thing.

Apologies for the inconvenience to anyone who may have purchased either of these packages today and encountered any issues, the asset store most of seen a lot of update submissions over the past week as I would of expected these packs to of been reviewed and live in time for the sale on Archimatix.

Also @dearamy shoot me a PM (i cant start a conversation with you), or stop by the AX slack channel. I have something for you :)

As always i hope you guys are enjoying the nodes, and look forward to some other really cool things coming in the very near future.

11. roryo

roryo

Working on a short video tutorial video for gray boxing a level with Archimatix. ;)

Archimatix 2017-11-27_05-46-20_PM.jpg

rgarrett7 and wetcircuit like this.
  12. roryo

roryo

A new Node is born: ShapeChanneler!

zz-AXNode-ShapeChanneler.jpg

This node is the 2D version of Channeler. It has a pulldown menu of channels that represent the list of input Shapes. The channel can be exposed as a runtime variable to allow the player to choose Shapes.
    Archimatix 2017-11-27_10-46-03_PM.jpg

ShapeChanneler will be included in v. 1.0.12 due out tomorrow. :)

13. roryo

roryo

Some fun with shape merging...
    Capto_Capture 2016-06-08_11-25-18_AM.jpg Capto_Capture 2016-06-08_11-28-57_AM.jpg

brisingre and red2blue like this.
  14. roryo

roryo

15. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey everyone,

Lots of awesomeness coming your way in this post.

Lets start with all the packages are now fully compatible with the latest version of AX as of yesterday afternoon.

Banner.png
    On top of being updated to work with the latest version of AX the essentials package has received lots of lovin in its update.

New Features/Updates
    • "Simple UI" Mode - Simple UI Enables a mini node view where only the nodes thumbnail, and connections between nodes show. You can toggle this view on and off for the entire graph or on a node by node basis.

• "Node Control" panel - The node control panel is a separate editor window that you can move around and dock where you want. This editor window shows you all the parameters for the currently selected node, and allows you to edit those parameters right there in the window. Especially useful when you have "Simple UI" on and just want to change a couple values.

• MiniMap improvements - The mini map is now resize-able so you can view more of the graph at once. You can also right click on the minimap and increase its zoom level to 2x or 4x for those of you running high resolutions. The minimap now also only displays node on your current graph level, no more grouper ghosts. The first click on the mini map when it previously didnt have focus no longer makes the mini map move. Click once to give it focus, then you can click,draw as you please.

• Exposed Parameter Window, and Node Control window now cause the other windows to update their values when altered.

• When dragging a node connector/noodle around the graph, if you approach the edge of the graph it will become to automatically scroll in that direction for you! No more zooming way out to make connections!

• Layout Designer - Layout designer is in this release! This tool allows you to view and manipulate the inputs of a shape merger in a 2D view!

• plus lots of other little improvements and tweaks.

But Wait, there is more!

The Mesh and Material Node packages is getting updated again Today with two amazing new nodes.

Color&UVNodes.png

The above image showcases the two new nodes being used in conjunction with one another.

The first node is the VertexColorFunction node which allows you to use turtle script to process each vertex on a node and assign its colors. This node is controlling the coloration you see on the above image.

The second node is the VertexUVFunction node which allows you to do the same thing as the color node, but with UV's. In the image above the node is doing a planar projection of the material on the X,Z plane to the mesh.
    Using this node you can project a material on to a mesh in any way you want!

But Wait, there is EVEN MORE!

PyNodeBanner.png

PyNode is an amazing and powerful new node that brings the power of the Python programming language to your Archimatix graphs.

PyNode allows you to use python code directly in your graph by entering the code in the TurtleScript field on the node itself. This code is then executed inside a python interpreter.

That sounds cool, but what exactly can you do with this you ask? The simple answer is ANYTHING. It allows you to write real code inside a node on your graph, and have this code executed when the node is updated. The python interpreter is made aware of your current graph object, the current node that is executing the python, as well as any parameters on that node allowing you to access them as if they were native python objects, as well as the whole on the UnityEngine namespace. From there the your imagination is your only bounds.

Hope you all are enjoying the nodes, and thank you for your support.

wetcircuit and brisingre like this.
  16. roryo

roryo

In making this video tutorial for gray boxing a level with Archimatix, I realized we needed a couple new Library items: BasicRamp and StairCore. :)

Archimatix 2017-11-28_11-09-57_PM.jpg
    The goal of the gray boxing tutorial is to demonstrate how one can build levels quickly without using the node graph editor. ;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Regularry and brisingre like this.
  17. dearamy

dearamy

@roryo How do you use archimatix with navmesh in runtime?
    I mean if you modify the archimatix in runtime then you need to build the nav in runtime and you will need the mesh to build the mesh, however, there is kinda no mesh in the archimatix when you modify it.

18. roryo

roryo

All you should have to do is make sure that the Navigation Static flag is set in the node controls in the Inspector. Then whenever that node generates a GameObject, it sets its static flag to something that will allow the realtime navmesh baker to bake it.

Archimatix 2017-11-29_09-59-23_PM.jpg

19. dearamy

dearamy

What if I do need a mesh to generate the nav mesh?
    It really does not work when I'm using the nav mesh component.
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents

20. roryo

roryo

I did a test back in May and it was working, but now I have forgotten how I did it! Will take a look this afternoon EST.
    Runtime 1.gif

21. 00christian00

00christian00

Hi, I just purchased this asset and left a 5 star review after few minutes. It is really astonishing!

In the game I am developing I already use splines and I have several script which rely on them for locomotion and other things.
    Would it be possible to write a node that parse my spline and use it as a path? Where would I look to start?

22. roryo

roryo

Hi @00christian00 - welcome aboard! And thanks for the review!

Are what application did you create your splines in. Are they 2D or 3D?

23. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey @00christian00,

Welcome to the AX life.

What you want to do is totally possible, as long as they are 2d splines (pretty sure use of 3d splines is coming soon-ish).

The best place to start looking at node code to do this would be the freeCurve node as it allows you to create a spline from an arbitrary set of point you "click" and would go about injecting that data as a "plan" or "path" to another node in the same way you would.

If you want hit up @roryo and get an invite to slack. Im usually over there and am always down to help with questions about custom nodes.

00christian00 likes this.
  24. 00christian00

00christian00

Hi all, my splines are 3D and I use them to create a fixed path for the player to autofollow( sort of rollercoaster movement) and I have my own mesh builder based on these splines which I would like to replace with archimatix.
    I can already extrude a 2d shape with mine but I can't have a profile along the splines length, so for example I wouldn't be able to create bridge with the sides like the Great Chinese Wall for example.
    So 3d splines are not supported at the moment?

25. roryo

roryo

3D splines are not supported at the moment, but they are on the roadmap. 3D splines are easy to implement, it is the meshers and deformers that will use them that require a bit more dev effort (but not that much ;-))

To do something like the Great Wall currently, you can use PlanSweep to make the wall and then TerrainDeformer to get the wall to follow the terrain.

TerrainDeformer.gif

The Towers are positioned using a PlanRpeater with a reference to the terrain to set the transY for each tower.

A script to translate your spines to FreeCurve might be pretty simple, just losing the Y-value.

You can also have the spline deform the terrain using the TerrainDeformer:

Terrain1.gif

If you would like to join the slack site for AX, please PM me your assetstore invoice ID and an email address to send the invite to. ;)

00christian00 likes this.
  26. Krey

Krey

I'm a new purchaser and am very excited about using this asset, but I'm having problems getting it running on Unity 2017.3.0.b10. Even on a fresh import to a new project, I'm getting "FormatException: Unknown Char: ." when I hit "Play" with any content. For example, just adding the Basic Steps and hitting Play gives two exceptions like this:

FormatException: Unknown char: .
    System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Double.cs:209)
    System.Double.Parse (System.String s) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Double.cs:180)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.ExecuteTokens (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 tokens) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:485)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.Execute (System.String expression) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:121)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.EvaluateParameter (AX.SoftCircuits.TextParser parser, Int32 paramStart) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:431)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.ParseParameters (AX.SoftCircuits.TextParser parser) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:388)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.EvaluateFunction (AX.SoftCircuits.TextParser parser, System.String name, Int32 pos) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:336)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.TokenizeExpression (System.String expression) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:253)
    AX.SoftCircuits.Eval.Execute (System.String expression) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/plugins/SoftCircuits/SCMathParser.cs:121)
    AX.AXParametricObject.parseMath (System.String expr) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:5774)
    AX.AXParametricObject.executeCodeBloc (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 lines, AXGeometryTools.AXTurtle shape) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:5518)
    AX.Generators.Shape.generate (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po, Boolean isReplica) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/Generators/ShapeGenerators.cs:62)
    AX.AXParametricObject.generateOutputNow (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po, Boolean renderToOutputParameter, Boolean forceGenerate) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:4391)
    AX.AXParametricObject.generateOutputNow (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:4300)
    AX.AXParametricObject.generateOutputNow (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po, Boolean renderToOutputParameter, Boolean forceGenerate) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:4349)
    AX.AXModel.regenerateAXMeshes (Boolean doCacheTheThumbnails) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXModel.cs:3049)
    AXEditor.ArchimatixEngine.OnScriptsReloaded () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Editor/ArchimatixEngine.cs:214)

Importing it into my existing project actually gave me the FormatExceptions pointing to areas in the other assets' scripts as well, so I'm kind of confused at how to narrow this down. I saw someone posted a similar issue with 4.6, but I never saw any follow-up with steps to resolve.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this up and running? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

27. roryo

roryo

Hi @Krey - Thanks for purchasing Archimatix! Sorry you are having some troubles. What version of AX are you installing? Are the errors showing right after install or when you create a model?

28. Krey

Krey

Thanks for the quick response! I'm using AX version 1.0.12 (the version available to download via the asset store as of this afternoon). No errors show up immediately after install. The only errors I've seen show up after creating a model and entering Play mode. In the included AX demo scenes, most (if not all) throw two of those FormatExceptions when I hit Play.

29. roryo

roryo

Is your os set to a language/System.Globalization.NumberStyles other than english? My hunch is that it may be a number format problem with the ".".

30. brisingre

brisingre

I get those same errors. They don't seem to actually break anything, but I created an issue for it.

31. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

I read somewhere about a Slack for Archimatix users, is it possible for a person horribly lacking in artistic talent, who will have far too many questions to get an invite?

32. christougher

christougher

Just PM Rory your email and unity asset store invoice# and he'll work the magic.

33. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I *think* anyone can join the Slack here:
    https://archimatix.slack.com/

But Rory will need to approve you for downloads of any beta versions he posts there….

TimothyGrant likes this.
  34. gferrari

gferrari

Hi! I'm new on it! I have this error when use Difference Rail, and I can'tuse it :(
    Unity version: Unity 2017.1.2p3
    And the last version of Archimatrix Pro from the assetstore

upload_2017-12-4_14-4-31.png

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AXClipperLib.IntPoint].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    AX.AXShape.alignPathsDirectionsWithSource (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& segs, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& sourceSegs) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXShape.cs:1135)
    AX.AXShape.genrateRail () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXShape.cs:1097)
    AX.AXShape.generate () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXShape.cs:410)
    AX.Generators.ShapeMerger.generate (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po, Boolean isReplica) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/Generators/ShapeGenerators.cs:247)
    AX.AXParametricObject.generateOutputNow (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po, Boolean renderToOutputParameter, Boolean forceGenerate) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:4391)
    AX.AXParametricObject.generateOutputNow (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:4300)
    AX.AXParametricObject.generateOutputNow (Boolean makeGameObjects, AX.AXParametricObject initiator_po, Boolean renderToOutputParameter, Boolean forceGenerate) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXParametricObject.cs:4349)
    AX.AXModel.generateAlteredPOs () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXModel.cs:2961)
    AX.AXModel.generate () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXModel.cs:2813)
    AX.AXModel.generate (System.String caller) (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXModel.cs:2782)
    AX.AXModel.generateIfDirty () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Core/AXModel.cs:2739)
    AXNodeGraphEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Archimatix/Scripts/Editor/NodeGraph/AXNodeGraphEditorWindow.cs:1504)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)

35. roryo

roryo

Hi @gferrari - welcome aboard!

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have just fixed it. If you (or any new AXer's) would like to join the archimatix slack site to get intermediate builds of AX, please PM me with your email address and asset store invoice ID so I can send you an invitation. Otherwise, this fix will be in the next asset store update, due out next week. ;)

gferrari likes this.
  36. rgarrett7

rgarrett7

This is a request that you consider updating your documentation to include some of the newer or more complex tools. A paragraph that describes the "author's intent" for the tools would be a great start. Some examples are: shape distributor, shape channeler, shape offsetter, and channeler.

The documentation you have is great. I believe I have read everything in the manual and on your web site. I went through several of your YouTube tutorials and have read a lot of this forum, but it is hard to remember everything.

I realize documentation takes away from development time. Some of your users from this forum might be willing to contribute excerpts you could use.

I do use Archimatix on a regular basis and find it very helpful. There are a number of additional features I could use with just a little more explanation.

chiapet1021 likes this.
  37. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

Thank you!

38. roryo

roryo

Thanks for this reminder about documentation, @rgarrett7. It helps - especially when specific needs for documentation is put on the wish list. In the spirit of this, I have just added a page for the ShapeDistributor. Will add the others you just requested tonight as well!

chelnok and rgarrett7 like this.
  39. Krey

Krey

Yep, I just went through my OS language settings and everything is set to English (United States in relevant areas). Unity is also in English. I had a similar hunch and manually went through to replace all the "." in the scripts referenced just in case something weird happened on import, but to no avail.

At least for the import I did into my existing (very light project with just a character controller / camera), it unfortunately prevents the game from playing (input not accepted, animation state initialized (out of T-Pose to Idle) but otherwise unresponsive, etc...) :-/

40. roryo

roryo

41. roryo

roryo

With the generous, knowledgeable and patient help of @RuinsOfFeyrin and @brisingre, I think we have tracked down and fixed this bug. If you would like early access to a build with the fix, if you PM me with your email address and Asset Store invoice ID, I will invite you to the slack.com site for archimatix. Otherwise, this fix will be posted to the asset store in the next few days.

Krey and brisingre like this.
  42. DiggingNebula8

DiggingNebula8

Greetings,

I've been seeing your asset for a quite a while now, and the impact which you've created on the asset store is impressive. I fancy your tool, but I am confused whether to buy it or not. I already have the ProCore bundle for quick prototyping, and I suppose parametric modelling has a weakness when it comes to asymmetrical meshes.

If I could rely on Archimatix for generating asymmetrical meshes, I'd be delighted to buy this asset right now. The game which I am developing should look realistic (which is never symmetrical) a bit like Shadow of Mordor.

Cheers.

43. rgarrett7

rgarrett7

I saw those! Thanks for the quick response. This was very helpful.

44. rgarrett7

rgarrett7

Thank you! I would never have figured these out by myself. Now I understand what they do. Much appreciated.

45. roryo

roryo

Hi, @DiggingNebula8 - great question, touching on one of the great topics in parametric vs. polygonal modeling!

My answer is that both have their place in creating rich game environments with great architectural experience (AX). Fortunately, it is easy to further edit Ax-generated models in ProBuilder. Ax can procedurally build up lots of complexity that exhibits architectural smarts that would be cumbersome to created from scratch in ProBuilder. But then ProBuilder can be used to erode that logic.

Your question has inspired me to get started on an article I have been meaning to write for sometime. Here is a quick first draft:
    Topics in AX: Creating the Sublime Experience of Order-to-Chaos

I hope you find it useful!

DiggingNebula8 likes this.
  46. DiggingNebula8

DiggingNebula8

Brilliant,

I’ve certainly found the article useful. Now, you have motivated me in developing a brilliant Indie AAA game, and I’m going to use Archimatix plugin in the process of development.
    You, my friend, are amazing. Thank you so much.

See you around,
    Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    roryo likes this.
  47. xj1982xj

xj1982xj

Hi ,roryo, i met a problem when build a very simple scene as below under pc/ios platform using archimatixpro 1.0.11
    upload_2017-12-6_23-11-7.png
    and i got below errors when build my scene. any idea ?
    upload_2017-12-6_23-11-37.png

48. roryo

roryo

Hi @xj1982xj - The fix for this bug is in AX v. 1.0.12, the version currently in the Asset Store. ;)

49. roryo

roryo

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  50. xj1982xj

xj1982xj

thanks,roryo.i will try