Search Unity

ARCHIMATIX PRO Node-based Parametric Modeling for Unity [Unity Awards Finalist]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roryo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. roryo

roryo

*quotable testimonial alert!* Thanks for those kind words, @vrpostcard

recursive and wetcircuit like this.
  2. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Yes! I gave up on a dome and just gave them a metal hat… LOL
    Screen-Shot-2016-05-11-at-11.04.jpg

Lots to explore… But I haven't figured out railing, or the shapemerge tool….
    I'll hit your vimeo again in the morning….

steveR and roryo like this.
  3. roryo

roryo

Dreamy!

wetcircuit likes this.
  4. roryo

roryo

Speaking of dreamy... I am heading of to dreamland myself. Thanks to the Beta II team for a great first day! Amazing posts here and in the Unity Conversation boards of the five planets: Coruscant, Hoth, Degobah, Tatooine and Kessel. Having quickly outgrown this infrastructure, the beta community is now migrating to a system that has more efficient tools for communication and ticketing, with the promise that the team will help bring Archimatix to the polish that the version 1.0 release on the AssetStore deserves!

manpower13 likes this.
  5. mangax

mangax

From my yesterday experience.. usability is really amazing.. i figured how to use the tool fast.. (maybe bcz am familiar with shader forge :) )

There can be little improvements here and there some small tweaks. The tool is really good enough!

But if i would nominate one point for the tool to improve at.. like the only thing i mainly concerned about.. is the performance in manupilating the curves.

It seems While mesh is active and trying to update it self to match curves new position.
    Currently it feels like am fighting with them to move them around. And this happens during using only 3 round rectangles with bevels that sometimes overlaping each other.. i have yet to start full throtteling the tool :D

This is the only downside from my experience.
    So My suggestion is to add preference option in unity preference window. which have an option like update mesh (dynamic) or (x intervals) or on (mouse click up).

A side note..personally i dont mind buying this tool at higher price tag compared to average pricing for the tools of same size/scale. As long as it helps you in hiring people to improve the tool. This tool is the next big thing for unity after the amazing tools such as shader forge or probuilder. And i want it to grow even more better :)

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  6. roryo

roryo

@mangax - thanks for that great testimonial! Per speed, one thing to check is that "Auto" is unchecked in the lighting panel, otherwise, the light mapper goes crazy trying to keep up with the meshes created with each slide of a parameter. Also, check the number of segments in your curves for both plan or section. It is not hard to go way too luxuriant on triangles wit AX. You can check the triangle stats in the node, or of course view with wireframe to see how dense the mesh is. So far people have been reporting how speedy AX is, even at PlanSweep, so I am wondering if we can figure out what is happening in your scene. Would you mind sharing it so I can run some diagnostics? BTW, have you sent me your email yet so I can invite you to the Slack site where the beta teams are reassembling? File sharing is pretty easy there.

Now at some point a model may want to be huge in terms of triangles and so there should be either an option you can set to only create meshes when you let go of a handle, or perhaps an auto sensor which checks the framerate of a dragging operation and automatically reduces the builds per second.

7. mangax

mangax

i'll send you my email.
    btw have you tested your tool in unity 5.4.0b17 ?? am currently testing it on this version

8. roryo

roryo

Thanks, I sent you the invite.

I haven't tested at all in 5.4 :eek:

9. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 1.12.38 PM (2).png

This is ridiculously addictive….

steveR, Teila and roryo like this.
  10. roryo

roryo

Cloud city - very dreamy!

11. elbows

elbows

I've been pleasantly surprised by how, over the months of beta testing I've been treated to, I can't think of much in the way of 5.4-specific errors I've had to report to you. (I've been using both latest 5.3.x patches and latest 5.4 betas during testing)

roryo likes this.
  12. roryo

roryo

Hats off to the Archimatix Beta II Team (18 humans and one robot), who are doing an amazing job finding bugs, squashing bugs and indulging in a little world-building along the way!

Archimatix 2016-05-14_09-19-22_AM.jpg

S_Darkwell likes this.
  13. steveR

steveR

Archimatix is a winner! A really cool asset! Having some fun with the beta

roryo likes this.
  14. Voronoi

Voronoi

Ethan is thinking maybe Kyle is somewhere in space.... Capture3.JPG Capture2.JPG

Note: This is using 5.4b17 and several of the experimental Cinematic Effects. The results were actually better in real-time GI than anything I could get through baking!

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    roryo and wetcircuit like this.
  15. roryo

roryo

Move over, Kyle... there's a new kid in town!

Fantastic, @Voronoi!

16. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Archimatix is creating new possibilities while I'm beta testing.

Here's a screenshot of an Alien Maze with a simple 2D repeater and some other nodes that I threw together. I can't fully explain what I did, but I like the result AXAlienMaze.png :)

roryo likes this.
  17. steveR

steveR

On the road to Arch-imatix

wetcircuit and roryo like this.
  18. roryo

roryo

I think Robot Kyle is liking his growing cadre of master builders!

Teila likes this.
  19. steveR

steveR

Having a lot of fun with Archimatix - makes it easy.

Teila and roryo like this.
  20. steveR

steveR

This would fail architecture class, but it was fun to make it

roryo likes this.
  21. vrpostcard

vrpostcard

Trying out weird shapes with Archimatix. By linking parameters together I can control the size of the drains and make unlimited versions from the one 3D Object. It only took a matter of minutes to complete this task.

screenshot018.jpg

steveR, manpower13 and roryo like this.
  22. roryo

roryo

23. vrpostcard

vrpostcard

Robot Kyle is getting ready to worship the all powerful Archimatix.

Mayan Kyle.jpg

steveR, wetcircuit and roryo like this.
  24. roryo

roryo

Awesome! Now you could feed this into a GridRepeater with X and Z jitter and displaced in the Y by Terrain ;)

25. GMM

GMM

I'm really looking forward to this asset, i would be happy to help you beta test it some more if you need any more testers :)

roryo likes this.
  26. vrpostcard

vrpostcard

Robot Kyle is preparing to flex his archimatix muscle. I have found that archimatix is also capable of modelling smaller, more mundane type objects.

Kyle Weight.jpg

Teila and roryo like this.
  27. roryo

roryo

Looks like that bar has some good grips on it! I think we may want to spot Kyle here in case he has once again forgotten to reequip his deutronium energy cartridges... we all remember what happen last time that happened when he was facing off in the arena against the Minatour!

vrpostcard likes this.
  28. GMM

GMM

Just got access to the beta, and it's awesome!

Just a really fun and powerful utility to work with, this is a great asset for sure.

In my first attempt at making something with the tool, Kyle somehow ended up in Greece.

29. roryo

roryo

@GMM, that was some fast work! Good heavens! Or should I say, Good Olympus! Of course, now you have Robot Kyle thinking this temple is dedicated to him! But let's not pay cult to him, it will only encourage him.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    GMM likes this.
  30. GMM

GMM

@roryo, but Kyle was already a god!

steveR, Teila and roryo like this.
  31. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Hahaha Kyle looks great!

32. roryo

roryo

Yes, he's looking positively divine...:rolleyes:

33. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 2.58.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 2.57.42 PM.png

34. vrpostcard

vrpostcard

I wanted to take a slightly different track with my tests with Archimatix. Instead of starting with a blank scene and building something, I wanted to start with an existing scene and then add and mix in Archimatix objects. The circular platform in these scenes was modeled in less than 10 minutes including the parametrics that control all aspects of the size and configuration of the platform. The landscape and spaceships where something I already had on hand. Archimatix fitted in perfectly.

Wonder if I can build that space ship with Archimatix?....hmmm

You may have to be a bit on the elderly side to get the reference...but robot Kyle looks right at home.
    base.jpg base 1.jpg

roryo likes this.
  35. GMM

GMM

Kyle continued his travels through the murky sewers.

steveR, Teila, wetcircuit and 2 others like this.
  36. roryo

roryo

As he paused momentarily to recharge his depleted capacitors, it started to dawn on Robot Kyle that, not only was he hopelessly lost, but... he just might be going around in circles...

Excellent work @GMM !

37. SAOTA

SAOTA

I'm an architect and I'd also love to try this and post screenshots!

38. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

You know when you leave a test scene open too long and instead of building more architecture you start adding sand spiders…?

39. roryo

roryo

Mesmerizing! Very cool, @wetcircuit!

When I leave a scene open too long, it seems a lot of bugs appear on their own! hehe

wetcircuit likes this.
  40. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

41. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

wow!.. just.. wow!

42. roryo

roryo

Thanks, @Der_Kevin!

43. Hitch42

Hitch42

The way you can easily cut shapes out of objects and move those empty spaces around inspired me to try making keys. Once I get the basic shapes down, it's easy to create variations. Not the most "architectural" use for Archimatix, but it was an interesting project.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    roryo and wetcircuit like this.
  44. roryo

roryo

Kyle has the keys for every door, he just doesn't know which ones they go to!

Thanks, @Hitch42 - great example.

45. jjuanber

jjuanber

Parametric modeling + Unity3D. Great Idea and Job, Congratulations !!!!!

I would like to play with it.

Best Regards.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  46. roryo

roryo

47. roryo

roryo

RadialRepeater is almost version 1.0 ready!

Capto_Capture 2016-05-24_04-09-34_PM.jpg

After RadialRepeater, PlanRepeater and freeForm Shape are the last big ticket items to finish up and then we are mostly just debugging our way to release in late June!

vrpostcard and Whippets like this.
  48. roryo

roryo

This hut was model entirely in Unity with just 5 Archimatix nodes and in fewer minutes!
    Hut.jpg

Whippets likes this.
  49. roryo

roryo

Not to be outdone by the RadialRepeater, the other circular node, the Lathe Mesher, is now sporting some shiny new Handles too!
    Archimatix 2016-05-25_11-33-05_AM.jpg

elbows and Whippets like this.
  50. roryo

roryo

With Lathe and RadialRepeater finished to v1.0 quality, now I can finish the Sky Platform tutorial (due out for beta testing this afternoon EST). Archimatix 2016-01-07_11-16-13_AM.jpg Archimatix 2016-01-07_11-31-15_AM.jpg

The goal of the tutorial is that people can build their own Sky Platform like this in five minutes. ;)