A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stephen_O, Jan 21, 2016.
A new tutorial is now available: Configuration Breakdown - AI Cars on Race Track with Pit Lane Demo
Hi thanks for improving the gaming experiences. Ik Driver also works with photon? If there is a configuration tutorial? Thank's
Hi, this asset does not include any type of photon integration.
If you wanted to sync the avatar yourself, you need to sync steeringAxis, throttleAxis and shift variables from the IKD_IKDriver script that's attached to the avatar.
Version 1.7.4 submitted.
• Added IKD_WheelSettings profiles. These profiles allow you to easily configure custom skid trail prefabs to be used for different vehicles and ground surfaces. Documentation link
• Fixed a bug where calling stop driving on ai vehicles would not work properly if they did not use a pit stop.
Version 1.7.4 is now available.
i can't find any docs on why the car doesn't move when in Reverse gear; settings:
Manual,1 gear(i need a simple F N R trans)
I'll add some info on this topic to the docs..
The car does work with F, N, R while in automatic - but there's a feature to prevent auto reversing while braking that I did not mention anywhere.
With the downloaded demo scene default configuration, when the car is in automatic transmission, the car controls are:
When the car speed is >= 0:
up arrow - accelerate
down arrow - brake
When the car is stopped from braking, speed is 0:
Release and press the down arrow again - reverse
This is a canReverse check that's active to prevent the car from automatically starting to reverse one the car reaches 0 while braking. If you need a way to turn this canReverse check off, let me know.
When the car is set to manual transmission, this special input is not required. Up/Down work as expected when in the appropriate gear.
hi stephen, yes i will need to be able to reverse (by pressing Vertical Axis negative/"D") when the car comes to a stop. my issue is that pounding on the D(reverse/brake key) only activates the brake light, but the car does not reverse. Alternatively, how a bout a bool to change direction instead
Sure, I'll add a toggle for this so it's a setting in the future.
For now, can you comment these lines in the following script:
This will remove that canReverse check and allow the car to reverse immediately when stopping without requiring extra user input.
Hi, I need help, after I import RCC Car Controller and your IK Driver, the rigidbody and other unity components are excluded , why is this? I only need the IK driver with RCC car controller and nothing else.
There's a written and video setup guide available to use the IK Driver Avatar with an RCC vehicle here: https://www.turnthegameon.net/manuals/ik-driver/1.7/en/topic/avatar-rig-realistic-car-controller
That instruction is not correct, when I import the RCC_Reference script, the IKD_Driver script has an error, it needs the delegate method and the delegate method is not included on new imported script, but on the previous RCC_Reference. So I really need to dig the code to make it work.
Wow, I'm sorry about that - I'm not sure what I was thinking..
I made a fix, added the missing delegate and realized I was supposed to update the rcc tutorial some time ago to include the changes. That will be updated later today.
I attached the script update in a package, just import it and it will fix the missing delegate error.
The missing part from the tutorial is to add the script:
to the Race Driver object (the object with the IK Driver script), then assign the RCC Car Controller reference.
Your tools are good, but it needs polishing,
Wow thanks! but I already modified it lol, I directly reference the RCC car controller to the IKR script and then bwalah!!! This tool is great, but needs polishing
Cool, I'm glad you have it working now!
I'll take any and all feedback.. I'm still working on it, but also on the racing template remake simultaneously - The avatar system will be focused on again after I get my racing remake done. Main goal is to get all systems up and running then come back for the details.
I'll be pushing a bunch of optimizations (made from my initial setup for racing project remake) tonight, and the bug fix for the RCC package.
Version 1.7.5 submitted
Many changes were made with this update as I prepared the player controller to be used in the remake of Racing Game Template. The initial platform I'm focused on building for is Standalone, with the default supported input being Keyboard or Xbox One Controller - control with both input types is now fully defined and available out of the box with the default input setup.
Some other misc fixes, features and optimizations have also been made, major changes are listed here:
• Moved current asset package into Unity version 2018.4 LTS
• Remove asset from complete projects section - added various packages that can be imported to configure required input and tag/layer settings.
• Fix missing delegate in RCC support script that caused an error when imported.
• Update some default vehicle settings through testing while configuring them to be used in the racing game template remake.
• Add 'Drag Override' option to 'Vehicle Settings'. This option allows you to set min and max drag and angular drag values for the vehicle - while the vehicle is accelerating the min drag would be applied and while accelerating the max drag would be applied. The purpose of enabling this option would be to allow the player car to slow down a bit when the acceleration key is released to provide greater control of the car to the player.
• Disable neon light by default.
• Adjust collider transform position and scale to better fit the car.
• Improve IKD_PlayerInputSettings, all inputs are now defined by string names and mapped to project input axes. Enum to select ui type (none, standalone, mobile).
• Player vehicle can be fully controlled by Xbox One Controller.
• Added keyboard and xbox one controller InputManager packages.
• Added AvatarSettings ScriptableObject to control profile settings; create and configure appropriate profiles for each prefab type.
• Added simple camera rotation to chase camera, allows the player to pan camera around from left to right side vehicle.
Some inspectors have changed as well, documentation will be updated over the next day or so..
I've updated much of the manual to reflect the latest content changes, tutorials will be made next.
Version 1.7.6 submitted - new avatar setup process along with the written and video tutorials for Realistic Car Controller.
• Added menu command to import RCC support package; Tools/TurnTheGameOn/IK Driver/Import/RCC Support
• Added RCC avatar prefab for quicker setup.
• Added RCC AvatarSettings profiles for quicker setup.
Version 1.7.7 submitted - new Xbox One Controller for Windows 10 setup process with written and video tutorials.
• Added AvatarSettings profiles preconfigured for a Windows 10 Xbox One Controller.
• Added VehicleController prefabs preconfigured for a Windows 10 Xbox One Controller.
• Added camera target to player vehicle prefab to improve camera orientation options.
Can i use this for change gear or handbrake only ? because my character have steering animations so i don't want using IK Driver for steering !
The avatar script is setup to work entirely based on IK targets; I don't think it will be something that would be easy to achieve without a lot of hacking around the script.
Since you only want to add dynamic shifting/braking to your current driver animation, you'll likely have much better results using an avatar mask with your current setup and overriding your avatar's hand through inverse kinematics as needed.
I'm in the final stages of building a traffic system for this package. All I really need now is a mechanism to control the traffic lights and have the AI cars respond accordingly.
I've made a final developer log for the racing game template remake (where I'm building this prototype functionality), you can check it out if you want a preview of the traffic system.
Hey, how can i solve it?, i changed unity version but nothing
I'm not sure what the issue is without more info about what you have done to your project.
The current version of AI & Player Cars is designed for Unity 2018.4.0 and works well with a clean project import.
Since my last video log where I previewed the open-world-like city-with-traffic scene, I made the decision to include it in the AI and Player Cars package as an open world playable scene and completed the traffic light system.
In fact, moving forward all racing game focused updates will also be included in this package as well. The purpose is to make AI and Player Cars a complete and powerful package instead of breaking everything up into separate packages/products.
It's 99.9% ready, I'm doing final edits now. Traffic documentation and tutorials will be made after it's submitted.
The optimizations also went well, I have about 100 AI traffic vehicles driving around the city with the player car at 60fps with an Intel i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40 GHz and Nvidia 1080 graphics card.
This new traffic system might be submitted today.. more details will be in the change log notes.
Version 1.7.9 is submitted.
Major new feature additions:
• Point to point route based AI, link routes together at endpoints to create almost any type of road network.
• Traffic lights can control when a car can exit a route.
• Traffic light managers to sequence and time traffic lights.
• AI cars will not ram each other, instead they can now attempt to slow down until stopping when detecting a car in front of it if the speed is controllable.
New tutorials and documentation for the traffic system are on the way.
A new demo scene was added with a player spawner - drive around the city with traffic and let me know what you think! In some cases this landscape may also be useful for creating your own small games by replacing the buildings and textures.
Details for most updates in the change log (some minor changes may not have been tracked):
• Added Traffic Light system to control route points at intersections.
• Added an open-world-like City Traffic Demo scene.
• Improved AI route logic with a "simple option" so that the pathfinding methods are much more performance friendly.
• Improved AI route logic so that when the final waypoint is reached the vehicle will automatically proceed to the new route point if it's assigned through OnReachWaypointSettings.
• Changed AI Waypoint OnReachWaypointSettings NewRoutePoint to an array, this allows for multiple possible route points to be assigned and a random point will be used for a new route when the final waypoint is reached.
• Changed AI vehicle Rigidbody Interpolate setting to Interpolate - this removes vehicle jitters as it travels along it's route.
• Added AI Waypoint inspector support for multi-object editing.
• Fixed a bug where NitroOff would be called on Start and sometimes cause an error.
• Added autoCautionDistanceThreshold to AISettings, this allows the AI vehicle to automatically apply caution as needed to avoid hitting a slower moving or stopped vehicle in the path.
• Removed close route option - this feature was unnecessarily redundant after making changes to allow new route points to be set when the vehicle reached any waypoint. assign waypoint 1 as the new route point for the last waypoint to create a closed loop route.
Demo scenes are running smooth.
One thing about the driver avatar, if we are being realistic then there should be a seat belt.
I suppose it's not actually with this code, can you share a thought on how can we implement seat belt feature.
Congratulation on the successful release! This asset is looking good with every release.
From the IK Driver days, one thing I really miss is getting in/out of the vehicles(driver, passenger seats).
It will make it look really nice and I don't feel it's quite complete without it. ^^
Could you please consider adding them?
Thanks for the feedback, I can put this on the wish list, although it would not be looked into until racing systems are released - and I'm not sure if I can make it or not.
I might try to start a test with rope or cloth physics - I've seen some cool results. This video has a tutorial as an example, but the author also sells packages on the asset store; maybe it might give you some ideas or help point you in the right path.
Maybe after the racing systems are done. I know it's been requested a few times by others too..
Version 1.7.10 submitted.
• Added crosswalks and road markings to city demo scene.
• Optimized vehicle textures to reduce file size.
• Added RaceCity_TrafficTutorial scene as the completed traffic tutorial.
This submission includes the completed demo scene for the new Creating A Traffic Management Simulation tutorial.
This new tutorial demonstrates how to configure AI cars, AI waypoint routes and traffic lights to create traffic simulations for your own projects.
AI cars can be configured to simulate simple traffic behaviors like driving in a designated lane, turning into a new lane at intersections, stopping for red lights, and stopping if another car is in front to avoid collision.
The Traffic_Demo_RacingCity scene has dozens of winding waypoint routes and intersections fully configured as a more advanced example of what can be achieved. Be sure to explore this scene before getting started to familiarize yourself with the content.
Version 1.7.10 is now available.
I'm going to spend a bit more time going through the user manual and updating tutorial demo/content to make sure it matches recent changes made over the past few updates. After that I'll begin adding racing game features to Arcade Racer.
Version 1.7.11 submitted.
• Adjusted player prefab IKD_VehicleController_RightSteering camera settings to match the
• Script cleanup, removed non essential and unused variables.
• Added Track Guard physics material and assigned it to the testing track in the player demo scene to improve physics of wall collisions.
• Disabled rear and side view mirrors by default on all AI car prefabs; this was the largest cause of low fps when using the default AI car prefab.
• Added useWaypointDistanceThreshold option to AISettings; this allows the ai car itself to check if it's close enough to the next point and trigger the OnReachwayppoint callback before the waypoint collision is made. This runs a distance check each frame when enabled, using this can improve AI behavior if they are driving fast or racing and changing lanes quickly.
• Added a new "Creating an AI Waypoint Route" tutorial using the city scene; the old tutorial became outdated and did not properly reflect recent changes.
• Organize demo art, consolidate materials and textures to reduce the total amount of textures and materials used in demo scenes.
• Optimized textures used in demo scenes to reduce asset size - saved over 200mb, sorry about that one
New tutorial for Creating an AI Waypoint Route
Is there a way to build brake trigger zones for the AI system to tell it to brake at that point by x% intensity.
We want to build a simulation where we can show the difference of changing brake performances if the brake gets old.
I tried it with the brake override on the driver, but it behaves really strange.
For example while driving hill down the front wheels immediately fully break and lock but the car still slides down.
And even on flat street it does not work well.
Best would be if we could simply set a 0-1 value of break intensity in that region.
Yes, there will be some new settings on the waypoints when the next version 1.7.12 is released; I just added some options to the OnReachWaypointSettings trigger based on your feedback.
You can enable the Use Brake Trigger option, set Brake Amount 0-1, and also enable Release Brake When Stopped if you want the car to try to resume driving at that point if it becomes stopped.
I'm working on final changes for this version update, hopefully by end of day today it will be submitted.
The initial version of the new Windows Standalone Open World Template Demo is ready.
This content will be included with the next update, version 1.7.12 - it will be submitted to the Asset Store later tonight or tomorrow.
This template provides 2 scenes that include a startup menu system that loads a player controller prefab into an environment that's ready for additional gameplay to be layered on top; use these scenes as a starting point for your next open world driving game or prototype.
This template is designed specifically for a Windows Standalone build and includes the following:
- Startup / Main Menu scene
- Open world scene
- MiniMap System
- Pause menu
- Options menu
- Keyboard or Xbox Controller fully configured
Version 1.7.12 submitted.
This updates brings a lot of new content, including NPC Chat for dialogue and event triggers, Timers & Clocks, and an open world template ready for creating a Windows game.
Moving forward, additional documentation will be made for the new Windows Standalone Open World Template. The core content will be adjusted and optimized based on feedback and iterative testing. Additional templates will also be setup, I plan on making a mobile version of the open world template soon.
Windows Open World Template Demo - Download Link
• Added "open world" game template - A main, pause and options menu system that loads a player vehicle into the city scene. There are no rules in this template, you can replace the art and use it to start your own open world racing or driving game.
• Added "Player" to Layers in TagsAndLayers profile.
• Assigned "Player" as Layer for vehicle body collider on player prefabs.
• Added "Player" as a Sensor Detection Layer in AISettings profiles.
• Improved rear view mirror render quality.
• Added brake trigger options to AI waypoints, enable use brake trigger and set the brake amount - when the AI vehicle reaches a waypoint with these configurations it will apply brake at that amount until the car stops or the next waypoint triggers it to change its settings.
• Moved all assets from "Assets\IK Driver" to "Assets\Arcade Racer".
• Added NPC Chat asset, it's now included with the Arcade Racer download.
• Added Timers & Clocks asset, it's now included with the Arcade Racer download.
Documentation for using the new open world template is ready.
Version 1.7.12 is now available.
Version 1.7.13 submitted.
• Renamed and organized some files and directories for better readability.
• Added ArcadeRacer namespace to some scripts.
• Cleaned up some scripts and removed misc unused scripts.
• Adjusted some default camera settings.
• Open World Template - Fixed a UI bug where clicking something that's not selectable causes the current selection to be unselected.
• Update Arcade Racer ReadMe.
What I have to configure to make steering softer. Currently on each waypoint the AI makes a pretty hard wheel turn which is quite visibile.
Do I have to add more waypoints to make the route softer or can it somehow interpolate it better?
You can handle this in a couple different ways.
- add more waypoints for a smoother route
- adjust steering sensitivity or max steer angle on the vehicle settings:
A vehicle selection (garage) menu will be added to the "open world" template in Version 1.7.14.
It's still a WIP, but should be submitted right after 1.7.13 is approved.
The latest features sounds awesome! I'll be waiting the 1.7.14 to try it and add it in a project.
1.7.13 is available now, I actually need another day or so to finish 1.7.14.
- setting up player profiles (up to 4) for saved game data and creating/integrating menu UI flow.
- improving main menu layout
- adding player money system
- adding purchasable cars to the vehicle select menu
At this point content will be continuously added to the template until it's a complete "racing game development kit".
Here's a preview of the garage scene (WIP).
Maybe at some point it would be cool to have the ability to create a route via a curve? So the amount of waypoints is adjustable? In the moment it would be pain to manually add more points.
But if we have to do so, is it possible to add a point via Alt+Click between to points? Normally these will be added the the end of the list.
Did you forget to comment out
I get tons of
IKD_Waypoint 101 (TurnTheGameOn.IKDriver.IKD_Waypoint)
TurnTheGameOn.IKDriver.IKD_WaypointRouterawGizmos(Boolean) (at Assets/TurnTheGameOn/IK Driver/Scripts/Vehicle/IKD_WaypointRoute.cs:244)
Messages in the console. I tried to create waypoints via script by placing them on a curve.
I'll take a look, thanks for pointing it out.
I'm not sure I fully understand the concept, can you provide some more details about what you're looking do do with a curve?
Yes, I'm sure that function will be simple to add, I'll take a look before I submit the next update.
Thanks for your feedback.