Search Unity

ARC - Arcade Rotorcraft Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Carwashh, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Carwashh

Carwashh

SocialImage_1200x630.png

Arcade Rotorcraft Controller (ARC) is a simple controller asset allowing you to quickly and easily create any type of rotorcraft – for example: a drone or helicopter. The customizable arcade-y feel to the drones gives a fun, satisfying, player experience to your game.

Included is a Rotorcraft Prefab Builder editor window, which allows you to setup a new rotorcraft in seconds! Just link the required objects and fill in the details, press a button and you’ve got your new vehicle!

The values for a rotorcraft (speed, turning, drifting, etc.) are saved in a ScriptableObject, meaning you can re-use the same values for hundreds of different vehicles, and only have to tweak them in 1 place.

Also included, are examples of how to interact with the vehicle controller for player input, a simple audio component to play engine sounds (SFX not included) and a component to control a thrust effect when near the ground.

Asset Store link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ller-drone-helicopter-etc-200450?aid=1101lGt5

[PC Demo][WebGL Demo][Online Docs]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  2. Carwashh

Carwashh

v1.0.3 - 19th February 2022
    - Added touch screen input example class and demo scene

---------------
    v1.0.2 - 4th October 2021
    - Minor fix with prefab builder. AudioData now gets added to the component when building the prefab

---------------
    v1.0.1 - 27th September 2021
    - Minor fix with the prefab builder

---------------
    v1.0 - 27th September 2021
    - First release

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  3. firozjokhi

firozjokhi

Does it have drone abilities such as hovering in an area, patrolling an area, targeting enemies to fire at them etc.? How does navigation and collision avoidance work?

4. Carwashh

Carwashh

This was answered on Discord on Monday, but I'll answer here too incase it's of interest to others.

I plan on adding some simple AI, but I haven't decided on what this will be yet.

Targetting enemies and firing at them will not be in ARC, it is beyond the scope of this asset.

5. Carwashh

Carwashh

v1.0.3 is currently under review, this version adds an example for touch screen controls.

---------------
    v1.0.3 - 19th February 2022
    - Added touch screen input example class and demo scene

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  6. Smack332

Smack332

I assume you mean 2022, not 2021. When reading 2021 I thought this hadn't been updated in a long time, which may throw some potential customers off.

Question: How are the speeds calculated? I'm looking for something where I can input the exact speeds (in m/s or degrees/s) I want the vehicle to move. Is that possible with your asset?

7. Carwashh

Carwashh

Thanks, corrected it.

The rotorcraft is moved with AddForce and ForceMode.Accelleration.
    There are properties to get the vecolicty and velocity.sqrMagnitude.

If you need exact speeds, I hate to say it, but I don't think ARC is the correct solution for you, without any modifications.

8. Smack332

Smack332

It still says 2021 on the asset store page, though.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I have made my own simple controller using rigidbody velocity instead of physics, but I would have preferred using physics if there was an easy way to do it.