Search Unity

ARANEAE TENEBRAE WITH 16 ANIMATIONS soonly available on the asset store !

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Feb 8, 2011.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi all, here it is !! it's been submitted to the asset store. My second "must have heroic fantasy creature" known (for me) as ARANEAE TENEBRAE ! A giant darkness spider that will allow you to trigger no more less than its 16 animations : walk normal / walk aggressive / idle normal 1 / idle aggressive 1 / idle normal 2 / idle aggressive 2/ 1bite aggressive / 3 bites combo aggressive / jump bite aggressive / jump bite normal / throw spider web aggressive / throw spider web normal (it should be thrown by ... well its a...s) / walk bite aggressive / walk throw spider web aggressive / death normal / death aggressive

Are included in the package :
    1 / lair ( well just a small dead end cavern ( with 2 LOD )
    2/ rock L ( with 2 LOD )
    3/ rock XL ( with 2 LOD )
    4/ malachite cristal
    5/ spider web normal
    6/ spider web missile with 6 animations ( so that you can effectively throw something : just thrown / in air / captured / captured idle / missed / missed idle).

So, about poly count : 3096 polys

here is the web player :
    http://protofactor.free.fr
    and here are its 16 animations ( quickly rendered in 3ds max ) :

Thanks for your attention, expecting some feed back, just to know if this asset would be welcome by the community.

Regards to all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. Hans

Hans

always need another spider to add to my collection :)

3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@ hans : he ! he ! maybe you'll look forward the whole suite .... i've got about 13 other "must have heroic fantasy creatures " in my to do list ! But if you have some ideas about what you're looking for to complete your collection, just tell me. Maybe i'd like to model it if i think it coud interest other members of the community.

4. Hans

Hans

Pm Yah

5. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Thanks, now I have goosebumps.

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@ killer1390 : "goosebumps", thanks i didn't know this expression for, in french " chair de poule ". aha hahaha

7. Demostenes

Demostenes

Nice, looking forward to release.

8. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Looks nice! I would also be interested if it plays well with Unity. My dream is to have a spider that works well with the locomotion system.

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I think it would work nice with the locomotion system it is really made to work with i'll try to create a small scene with the spider set up. But i still have a problem with the jump ( there is something i'm missing with this locomotion system ... ) but i think i'll only trigger the walk cycle in this demo scene ( so that there will be not bug ... or spider ... am i serious ?).

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@ all : yeppah ! diffuse and normal map finished ( 4096x4096 px ), tomorrow i'll do its lair and spider web props then ready for submission.
    Since i've received a mail suggesting me to raise the skeleton knight's price, i think i'll align my price in the 30-55 dollars category ( this asset being in the same quality). Hope the textures are fine enough ( they're dark, but it's a darkness spider so .... )
    regards to all

11. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

I believe that jump is a separate script in the locomotion demo. (JumpAndIdle). Add the rope script to shoot dynamic rope webs and you would really have a winner!

You might make me revive an old project that I was working on: http://www.bradjensen.info/schpydaz/schpydaz.html

As you can see, the locomotion system "kinda" works with this model.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@all interested in this asset, it's been submitted !! it's pending for unity's validation. You can test the beast in a web player ( i edited the top thread, the link is before the videos. this web player is just a test scene to demonstrate that it is fully compatible with the locomotion system. (2 animations are triggered only since i'm not a coder ...
    thanks for your attention, expecting some feedback.
    regards to all

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  13. afalk

afalk

Looks superb! Not sure that I can afford this atm, but its definitely going to be something I'll pick up. What I would really, REALLY love is some form of savage Wolf creature (4 legged kind) with the delicious variety of animations you've set up for the Spider. There are some vanilla super-low poly ones out there, an occasional quadraped critter or two, but no, not a single one, version of a Savage and Game Worthy Opponent style wolves. That would be utterly superb!

14. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Make a "savage wolf" with different textures, so that it can also be a guard dog, a companion dog, a space dog, etc.

15. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Just played the web demo. Wow! I REALLY like this. Great Job! Must have. How do I get it? Will you be offering multiple skins?

16. Demostenes

Demostenes

Really nice, what about some more poly version, something 5-8k? We have quite strong HW today :)

17. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Yes, I would really like to work on a game where the player character is a spider.

I was hoping to make this one look a bit more friendly. As an enemy, he is perfect though. I will watch the asset store.

If you need help with language, you should just ask! Most forum members are friendly and willing to provide help.

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@bradjensen68 : the more i play around with it in its lair the more friendly it becomes ( that's the way i feel it .... ) well i know it a darkness spider but look at it : doesn't it look cute ? ho .... so tiny ( but maybe you would have loved to play with a cartoon one or something like that)
    I ask for help to the community quite frequently depending on which problem i encounter and indeed i usually get some answers. But for the moment, i'm waiting for some code updates ( that i bought some mounths ago, so that i can trigger cut scene cinematics and interactive one, and have a damned good shooter engine) for the moment i'm in asset production for the asset store or for my own project. Code will be needed after.( hope when i'll have finished my graphical assets all will be updated and fully functionnal.

19. thegreyman1

thegreyman1

Creepy... earth defense force anyone? :)

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@thegreyman1 : i think you're damned well equiped for this mission if you accept it !!!

21. PrvtHudson

PrvtHudson

As a hobbiest, I was hoping for something at the Dexsoft pricepoint. $85 is a little steep for me. Nice work though!

22. Broken-Toy

Broken-Toy

My two cents on higher prices:

You only had three purchases at 20$: I'm willing to think that those three people would have bought the asset even if it was 100$ because they see value in having an asset that is not easily bought by others (the uniqueness factor).

Digital media cannot be thought of in the same way as physical media; it's no big secret that digital goods have close to zero production and resource cost past the first unit (even more true with digital download ridding us of boxes and cds), and that the product itself is nothing but information. In this reality, a high price per unit is very hard to justify compared to, say, a sculpture made with real-world physical materials.

I'll repeat for emphasis: your three customers saw value in the fact that 20$ per asset for games that can hardly be sold more than 20$ per completed game (that's a lot of assets) is too expensive and risky for the masses.
    If that's your target, fine. Ramp up the prices. BUT! Expect to attract only the big guys, who will buy based on the fact that it's very hard for the masses to afford your products (hint; you will net less sales this way).
    If you want mass appeal (more sales), make your assets more affordable. Better yet, make affordable bundles.

In short, set your price according to your targeted type of customer and stick to your guns. With the quality you have so far, you should do fine with whichever you choose. Just don't expect a magical, one-price-fits-all solution.

-- end of two cents --

On the spider webplayer, some oddities appear that I think are related to the Locomotion system, like the spider's body sinking into the floor regularly. But then I don't think the default Locomotion setup takes into account a body that is both as low as the legs and wider than its height. Otherwise, it's awesome to climb around like a spider.

By the way if you need some help with translation I'm fully bilingual (native language being French).

Attached Files:

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@Werewraith : you know they've been the two lonely creations people could afford. And for the moment i can't see my skeleton knight. I've done a submission to update the info last week and nothing happened. But for the price i won't do anything for the moment. I don't really care. If they wan't it they buy it if i had enough sales i'll update all the animations. i know that kind of issue. Body to low upon the floor just need to raise it a little bit on all anims. ( and i set up this scene really quickly : spider a little bit too fast etc ... legs pass through the wall and rocks sometimes ). thanks for your comment.

24. Demostenes

Demostenes

With such attitude you sell nothing. You are good artist, but your marketing/sales skill suck :) I am sorry, but after reading this I would really hesitate to buy anything from you.
    Unity assets store is aimed for indie/mainstream a so you must adjust prices accordingly. If you want to generate some profit, you should release more models and try wider spectrum of prices and then pick the optimal one. Who knows, maybe it is better to sell one model for $100 or lower the price and sell 100 models for $2? Market on the assets store is quite uknown and without experimenting is hardly possible to find optimal pricing. But if I can guess, $45 still far to much for this community.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

bump : price lowered to 20 dollars. Pending review by unity asset store. hope it's the right price range.
    Regards to all

26. PrvtHudson

PrvtHudson

Excellent. I'll be the first to buy this bad-ass spider. Good luck.

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@ PrvtHudson : just wait one or two days max since it's pending for review. Thanks for your contribution. Hope you'll enjoy it. here i'm currently splitting my dragon add on packages. Once it'll be done i'll update animations for spider and skeleton knight. Then some other things to do before going back to the " must have heroic fantasy creatures list"

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

wow !!! it's so fast !! araneae tenebrae is available on the store. Enjoy !!

29. PrvtHudson

PrvtHudson

@rosor nicely done. Will be blasting them soon ;) tx.

30. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Bought! Thanks! Hopefully will be the hero of my next game (actually a remake of a game I started a while ago)....
    Nice work as always.

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanx guys !!! there will be un update as soon as possible ( well first i'll have to test but i think there is an improvment to do for a more efficient locomotion system compatibility )

32. nikko

nikko

nice, great animations.