Search Unity

Question AR, URP and post processing (ARKit)

Discussion in 'AR' started by yoonity, Jan 16, 2023.

1. yoonity

yoonity

Hi all. I cannot seem to get post processing working on the AR Camera using ARKit and URP. From everything I've read, it is the same as setting up post processing as in just URP but I get nothing on the AR Camera. If I add another camera to my scene (thats not tracked) this shows the post processing fine. The AR camera also doesn't show stencil buffer rendering. Assuming there isn't something AR specific I missed, could it be that the AR Camera is either turning off post processing, or alternatively, a new AR camera is, for some reason, being created? I'm building for an ipad mini running ipados 15. I'm using Unity 2021.3.11

Thanks

2. Cery_

Cery_

3. yoonity

yoonity

Hi I have both of these. I can see the post in the editor view, and indeed in the simulator AR view but not when installed on the ipad.

As I said, if I put a non tracked camera in the scene and install on the ipad, the non tracked camera has the post process effects but not the tracked AR camera (I have tested with virtual objects as well as the camera feed)

4. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@yoonity

Have you tried URP without post-processing? There is a bug currently in several versions of URP where AR Foundation apps render a black screen on device. Fixes for this bug are rolling out now but as a workaround you can set your AR Camera Manager's Render Mode to After Opaques.

Note that the Render Mode property is only available on AR Foundation 5.0 and up.

5. yoonity

yoonity

Hi, thanks for your response. I think I didn't phrase it correctly in my original post, I am getting rendering, just not with post processing. I'm going to make an android build to test whether it is the ipad (or ARKit). URP is fine and the other cameras in the scene (the UI camera for example) are rendering with post processing just fine. I have set the Render Mode to after opaques like you suggested anyway and will test it shortly.

6. talila

talila

I'm still stuck implementing an effect for which I would need to use BeforeOpaques as Render Mode. Any news on when this fix will be rolled out? Will be in the 5.0 stream, or only in 5.1?

7. talila

talila

If I may ask, is there any news on this? Is this being fixed, and if so, in which versions of ARFoundation?
    Thank you!

8. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@talila The URP black screen issue in AR apps was an issue with URP. If you update your Editor to the latest patch it should be fixed. I'm struggling to locate the exact Editor versions where this fix landed.