Search Unity

AR - Unity output via Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'AR' started by techniknewsbox, Apr 23, 2019.

1. techniknewsbox

techniknewsbox

Hey there!

We are currently troubleshooting our AR Unity Setup.

We want to use Unity for an AR Show Setup with big LED Screens etc.

Right now we use a hp Z820 workstation (Win10) with a Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti and output via Thunderbolt to a Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K
    Since we are still testing we only use a trial version of Unity as well as a trial version of the AVPro DeckLink Plugin

It did work to some extend but it was not a stable setup.
    Does Unity support Thunderbolt as Output?
    What would you suggest for a stable setup?
    Any Plugins? Change Setup?

We weren't able to find an answer in the community so I hope by posting a new thread we might get some answers!

Hoping you can help and thanks in advance!

2. Emiles

Emiles

What wasn’t stable about it? The setup sounds fine, graphics drivers all upto date I assume?

3. techniknewsbox

techniknewsbox

Yes everything is up to date- the main issue is, that it is a matter of luck, I'll call it, if we end up with a picture or sound.
    Last week everything was fine (after 3hrs troubleshooting with sound) and it worked.
    Today we tried and I only got sound no picture - even Unity had no output stats at some point
    I haven't changed the project in any way so I have no clue why.

We use the same setup to output Premiere and After Effects which worked fine - so I guess its a software issue.

4. Emiles

Emiles

my Setup was about as opposite as you can get. Mac, black magic capture into vdmx. I did have an issue with my black magic being picked up though only resolved with a restart. Given your taking an output from a card into studio it’s lile I said the opposite.

However I think one remedy I did use was to ensure that the frame rate and resolution where set correctly. I was taking a broadcast feed in and had to use I think a 29 FPS setting.

It could be that the resolution and FPS are being set differently or going out of sync. That’s where I’d start looking.

5. techniknewsbox

techniknewsbox

Hey Emiles, thanks for the reply!

Well Unity and the Plugin can detect the Studio no matter the fps or resolution (as long as its the same for input and output)
    But we don't get a picture or sound through to the studio
    Desktop Video is not showing any input even though Unity is (to me at least) clearly giving an output signal.

I made some snaps, maybe it shows sth I don't see

Preview_Stats.JPG

DeckLink_Input.JPG DeckLink_Output.JPG

6. techniknewsbox

techniknewsbox

UPDATE

We figured out the issues with the picture - that's going through thunderbolt without any issues

Sound is still a problem

7. Chris-RH

Chris-RH

Out of interest, did you ever get the audio to work?

Kind regards,
    Chris