Search Unity

Question AR Selection Interactable issue

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by mikevandernoordt73, Apr 12, 2021.

1. mikevandernoordt73

mikevandernoordt73

I tried to post in general AR/VR (XR) Discussion, but maybe this is the correct forum to post my question.

I set up the interactables in an AR scene (select, move, rotate, scale) and i'm confronted with an issue I can't find my way around, also i downloaded and ran the examples from github, and i'm having the same issue there:

The selecting of interactables seem a bit wonky: when tapping the object it doesn't show the visualizer (transparent cube) in certain circumstances. After testing many times this is what seems to be happening:

When the interactable's center is (more or less) above the horizontal center of the camera view it all works perfect.
    But when tapping the object when its center is below the horizontal center the visualizer doesn't show up.

But here's where it's getting weird: So, when tapping the object with its center is below the horizontal center of the camera view, the visualizer is not visible, but when i then move the camera down (so the center of the object comes above the horizontal center of the view), it magically appears!

This happens in my own setup, but also in the setup of the example. Is this a bug?

I hope someone found a solution to this.

thanks
    Mike

2. chris-massie

chris-massie

Unity Technologies

I believe this is caused by bug case 1354009. We will correct this in an upcoming version of the package. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.