Search Unity

AR Package Warnings

Discussion in 'AR' started by Eastedge, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Eastedge

Eastedge

Hi,

I upgraded to 2018.2 last night an now I'm getting console warnings that runtime package files are conflicting with cache packages in the library:

GUID [dbca4b5d18c5b4a59ad11c981347242d] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.xr.arkit/Runtime/iOS/UnityARKit.a' conflicts with:
    '/Users/matt/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.xr.arkit@1.0.0-preview.12/Runtime/iOS/UnityARKit.a' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

Also getting warnings like this in the console when running in editor:

Found 2 XRSessionSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Session"
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARCameraBackground:OnEnable()

Found 2 XRCameraSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Camera"
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARCameraBackground:OnEnable()

Any thoughts?

2. Saicopate

Saicopate

Same here.

3. WolfBeardedLion

WolfBeardedLion

I am also getting 3 GUID warnings in the console after updating to Unity 2018.2; these warnings pop up every time you return focus to the Unity Editor. Two are related to ARKit and one is related to ARCore.

These warnings act the same way in the current AR Foundation Sample project as well.

I can't find a way to clear this warnings.

4. leobilck

leobilck

Same here.

5. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Yep, the GUID warnings are known. They should be harmless, though. Are they causing any other issue besides unwanted spam?

6. mdurand

mdurand

WolfBeardedLion likes this.
  7. WolfBeardedLion

WolfBeardedLion

Not that I have witnessed. They are simply annoying. :)

8. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I don't know if they're related but I'm getting those warnings, everything in my project is pink now (Updated this morning from 2018.1.x)

I'm also getting a bunch of errors similar to this:
    Shader error in 'Deferred.compute': undeclared identifier 'EvalShadow_SampleClosestDistance_Punctual' at kernel Deferred_Indirect_Fptl_Variant20 at LightLoop/Shadow.hlsl(121) (on d3d11)

9. Prathamesh_Prasade

Prathamesh_Prasade

Can someone please comment on the below warnings, I got them when I created a new unity project, added ARFoundation and ARCore XR Plugin and ARKit XR Plugin from package manager and later on imported a package file containing the ARFoundationSamples project:

Found 2 XRSessionSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Session"
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSession:OnEnable()

Found 2 XRCameraSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Camera"

Found 2 XRInputSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Input"

Found 2 XRDepthSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Depth"

Found 2 XRPlaneSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Plane"

Found 2 XRReferencePointSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-ReferencePoint"

Found 2 XRRaycastSubsystemDescriptors. Using "ARCore-Raycast"

10. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Sounds like you are trying to play in the Editor. In the Editor, Unity sees both ARCore and ARKit as possible AR implementations and warns you that it sees two but will only be able to use one at runtime. On an Android or iOS device, there should only be one package present, so you shouldn't get this warning.

11. Prathamesh_Prasade

Prathamesh_Prasade

Got it. Thanks.
    Currently I am developing a demo which is expected to work on both iOS and android platform, hence the case.

Another question : Is there any way to test in editor or using something like unity remote?

12. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

adamhill likes this.
  13. SonuIxia

SonuIxia

How to disable horizontal or vertical plane detection in AR Foundation ?? Please help as I see there is no configuration related to turning on/off either of these planes.

14. whogas

whogas

You can subscribe to the ARPlaneManager's planeAdded event and then do a check for what the plane's alignment is, ignoring the ones you don't want, etc.

My understanding is that having your app detect and track any planes will just increase the session's stability, so even if you don't want a certain orientation's planes for anything in particular, it can still help you out that your app is tracking them.

15. VirendraBhoriwal

VirendraBhoriwal

@Unity Technologies: I was just very curious to do Image Detection, Tracking, Object Recognition, Save & Load AR Scenes in AR Foundation. But I see these are not supported in AR Foundation. Just wanted to know when these features will be available to us ?? Thanks !

16. VirendraBhoriwal

VirendraBhoriwal

I want to turn off Horizontal or Vertical Plane Detection. Is this possible in AR Foundation ? If yes, then how can I achieve the same ?

17. virendra_bhoriwal

virendra_bhoriwal

I am currently working with Mobile Joystick along with character movement. I placed the character 3D model on detected plane and controlled it with the joystick. That's fine. But When I move Mobile camera and trying to see the model with different angle, and then controlling the character using joystick, it goes in wrong direction. Could you please help me what's going wrong ?

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

1.) Post your own thread about that topic.

2.) Edit your post, don't repeatedly post.

3.) Use one account. (wow!)

4.) DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK

Is there any news about this? Anything I can do to remove these > 1,000 editor warnings? They're bogging down the performance of my editor.

Edit: I have some guesses about why the preview does this, and I understand it's probably not a problem to be fixed but rather a symptom of the system being in preview.

That said, SRP/LWRP and the shader graph seem fun to mess with, and I want to. Any ballpark on when SRP will be finalized? Even just "some time 2019, hopefully?" I'm excited about it.

Unity Hub is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  19. davidgames-android

davidgames-android

Still hapens on 2019.3.0f6
    GUID [1c9c4a238add64ca5abfbefda455966a] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.ads/Plugins/iOS/UnityJsonAdditions.h' conflicts with:
    'Assets/Plugins/iOS/UnityJsonAdditions.h' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

20. NatCou

NatCou

A little one here too
    GUID [4f98e9c96c8a48541b5eb704e92d99b8] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing/Textures/LUTs/NeutralLUT_32.png' conflicts with:
    'Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing/Textures/LUTs/NeutralLdrLut.png' (current owner)

21. EntertainmentEnterprise

EntertainmentEnterprise

I was having the same issue and believe I have fixed it by going to Packages in the project browser, then going all the way down to the folder, right clicking on NeautralldrLut.png,clicking open in explorer, and removing the _32.png. So far the error has not returned. Hope this helps, as I've searched for hours and never found anything and decided to fix it myself.

GAMERFLEXTV and KRWatkins like this.
  22. GAMERFLEXTV

GAMERFLEXTV

Thanks, that worked great.

23. Dudusstar

Dudusstar

Did you finde a solution?