Search Unity

Question AR - Open Archeological Site Tour with AI

Discussion in 'AR' started by ShipSimulatorRealistic, Mar 3, 2023.

1. ShipSimulatorRealistic

ShipSimulatorRealistic

Hi guys i am kinda stuck with a project that i am working for a company , the goal its to have an AR tour in some open archaeological sites , now its kinda working but i have a problem with the scene orientation since i don't use any gps just a topographic and build a scene based on that , the scene loses orientation many times and the scene drifts a lot. if a place the session the real world starting point everything is going kinda smoothly but this a perfect scenario in order the scene to be placed. Then my other concern is that the avatar that currently works with the ai to a path need to show the way for user to follow in order to go to the stop (the stop is where the speak about the archaeological place). Any guidance and if that is possible

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

The best thing you can do for ARCore and ARKit tracking is to provide an evenly lit, static, feature-dense area to walk around in, and parent your AR content to Anchors. If you are unable to create an environment suitable for AR tracking due to factors outside of your control, a good fallback strategy might be to use image tracking at the locations where your AR content will be placed.