Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

AR on HoloLens...

Discussion in 'VR' started by Ayelis, May 24, 2018.

1. Ayelis

Ayelis

Okay, this time I tried /qian256/HoloLensARToolKit on the streaming on-device emulator and ended up with a white square, a multicolored cube, and three lines of static text, all floating in arbitrary positions. It wouldn't even compile in Visual Studio for some reason.
    Are year-old demos even supposed to work? What am I doing wrong? Is there some sort of official archive of things that actually do work on the most recent version of Unity/VisualStudio, or is everything supposed to be trial and error?
    I mean, back in 2000 when I started learning PHP (if you'll forgive the reference) the functions were fairly well-documented, the comments sections had plenty of code samples, and learning to do what one might consider basic things, even and especially when a time critical career depended on it, was a snap.
    Today everything feels like it's scattered in random GitHub repos, none of which seem to accept pull requests to improve their readme documentation, and I feel like I'm getting code burnout and I haven't even started coding yet.
    I feel lost. Am I alone?

Also, why is the only tag 'Cache Server'? You'd think AR would have a tag. Or maybe Visual Studio.