Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Unity 2022.2 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are making some changes to the DOTS forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug AR - No camera on android phone

Discussion in 'AR' started by Malopieds, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Malopieds

Malopieds

Hi everyone,
    I have this black screen issue with AR.
    I am using latest Unity version on linux and have downloaded the following packages: AR Foundation ARCore XR Plugin ARKit XR Plugin.
    I have switch on ARCore on XR Plug-in Management, removed ‘Vulkan’ from ‘Graphics APIs, set Minimum API Level to 24, my phone is set up and have ARCore installed...
    If anyone have answers, i have switch from Mono to IL2CPP and activated ARM64.
    Thank you for helping me.

2. RnD_VTS

RnD_VTS

Hi Malopieds, there are some reasons for that error:
    • Is your phone supported ARCore? ARCore is not supported on all android phones, check it here: https://developers.google.com/ar/devices
    • Each Unity version has its own 'verified' AR Foundation version. So you have to check version of AR Foundation and its dependencies (don't forget AR Subsystems)
    • Did you use URP? If you do, just add the "AR Background Render Feature" to the render settings.

andyb-unity and Drakulo like this.
  3. Drakulo

Drakulo

Hi there. Just to drop a line about the last point. The render feature is not added automatically when you import ARFoundation and ARKit / ARCore (which makes no sense by the way!). So it is easy to miss that part, especially since it is hidden in some ScriptableObjects in the project and not in the Project Settings.