Search Unity

Question AR Multiplayer align coordinate systems between several AR devices

Discussion in 'AR' started by Harald_Heide, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Harald_Heide

Harald_Heide

What would be the best approach to align coordinates on different players in same physical room? Google cloud anchor , ms azurecloud anchor? Image recognition? Would have all devices to send their own interpretation of the common ref point together with their own position and then each device would have to figure out their local position for each of the other devices. Anyone knows a god method, algorithm, approach for this? How to implement an AR multiplayer FPS? Would love to see some tips implemented with ar foundation and anetcode (maybe also Google spatial cloud anchor)

2. mikeyrafier98

mikeyrafier98

Hi Harald
    I am not expert, but I hope I can help.

This is a little bit hard question, since it depends on each device. Would you like to crossdevice (Android, iOS, etc.), or only one same type device? I think either cloud anchor is fine, as long it able to sync with the application very well (good connection, data reliability). And, uhh, what does image recognition do you mean?

I think if the targeted device (e.g., smartphone) has supported API to connect with the cloud anchor service, it would be better. Otherwise, a simple url GET api will be the solution, but will reduce the connection capability. Maybe you would like to see what kind of targeted device will be used, then what are they capability to each cloud services.

Wow, I would love to know the AR multiplayer FPS game. This will be a big project, honestly. But still, it will be very hard since there will be two challenges must be faced. One is the AR app, the AR object stability itself, and the second is the connection stability, one to the cloud, one to one player, and to the game server.

I think this has a great start for you to see

Good luck, and hopefully can play your project in the future.