Search Unity

AR Image tracking incorrectly

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Reddevildragg, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Reddevildragg

Reddevildragg

Hi

Im having a problem with the image tracking in AR foundation currently. My image loads the relevant model, but it looks like the model is attached to the camera and not anchored to the marker. Ie as i turn the camera the model appears to move with it in a fixed location rather than staying attached to the marker location.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? The content is believe delivered by asset bundle but the images and library are in the base application and the reconisation is happening so dont think its to do the the delivery method of the models.

Thanks

2. utzner

utzner

Hi
    Almost 4 years later i have the same problem. If the camera is more than about 20cm away from the real life target image the spawned object start to follow the position of the camera not sticking to the target image any more.

Do your found a solution to your own Problem?

3. Brandgage-1

Brandgage-1

I'm guessing you're on Android. What's likely happening is you're losing tracking to the image, which means there is nothing for the object to "follow". So it just stays locked to the camera. Try a larger / higher detail tracking image.

makaka-org likes this.
  4. makaka-org

makaka-org

In addition to your message, there are some tips to improve tracking: https://forum.unity.com/threads/image-detection-working-very-poorly.1423866/