Search Unity

AR image recoginition problem

Discussion in 'AR' started by amalajay1811, Feb 27, 2019.

1. amalajay1811

amalajay1811

Hi, i'm currently working on a final year project using Vuforia and Unity. My supervisor wants us to make it so that after the camera has detected the image target, the object will stay on the camera even after the image target has been removed. I've been researching on it for quite a while, and I've played around with the settings but I can't seem to have the object to stay on the camera after the target has been removed. I understand about the Extended Tracking, but I do not want the object to disappear if I move the camera too far away from somewhere. I want the object to be on the camera wherever I point the camera at. Is it possible? Thanks in advance!

2. arielfel

arielfel

Hi Bro, I've encountered this problem also... you can make (some kind of) simple solution by writing a code that stops the object dependency to the target... meaning - find the part in the code that runs straight after you have first target recognition (the first frame the camera was able to identify she have the target in front of it)

Once you have it, just throw the game object up in the hierarchy so Vuforia cannot touch it anymore:)

3. amalajay1811

amalajay1811

thanks bro,if u have that code.plz replay bcoz i'm new in unity

4. arielfel

arielfel

Sorry, Bro, can't help you with that, besides... I recommend understanding by yourself... learning how code work in unity is something you will need in any part on your journey

underkitten likes this.
  5. amalajay1811

amalajay1811

i'm learning that in my own way.but i want an algorithm for image recognition.i'm trying that