Search Unity

AR-Glasses List (Available or announced and compatible with Unity)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by TobiasWa, Mar 17, 2016.

1. TobiasWa

TobiasWa

Since I couldn't find a collection of all available AR-Glasses, which are supported by plugins for Unity, I would like to create this list, so that newcomers have a good overview. I doubt, that this list is complete, so feel free to comment additional information.

Available :
    • Meta 1 (Own Unity-Plugin)
    • Epson BT-200 (Vuforia, Wikitude)
    • ODG R6 & R7 (Vuforia)
    • Vuzix M100 (Wikitude)
    Announced :
    • Meta 2 (Own Unity-Plugin)
    • HoloLens (Own Unity-Plugin)
    • Epson BT-300 (Most likely Vuforia)
    • AMD Sulon-Q (This is a "see through" device VR/AR) (Announced for late spring 2016)
    Missing Unity support :
    • Epson BT-2000 (For the moment there is just and android SDK and no further info for Unity)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    rcashman, castana1962 and chelnok like this.
  2. castana1962

castana1962

Hi TobiasWa,
    Sorry for my ignorance but I am interested in developing with Unity and AMD Sulon Q because I would like to make games with mixed AR/VR. Since you ask yourself the following
    Is Sulon Q really AR?
    I am new in this topic but I saw the Sulon Q demo and it showed me AR/VR features, so Why are you doubting about AR in Sulon Q?
    Thanks for your time
    Alejandro Castan

3. TobiasWa

TobiasWa

I think "Is this really AR" was a bit bad worded by me. I was not sure, if it is a "see through" device or a VR-device with cameras. But now I know, that it's VR-device with cameras, all the other devices I've listed are "see through", so the Sulon-Q does stand out of this list, but I will update the description.

castana1962 likes this.
  4. castana1962

castana1962

Hi TobiasWa,
    Thanks to share your knownledges about this topic, please let me know if you can find more info about Sulon Q
    Best Regards