Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AR Foundation WorldMap relocating

Discussion in 'AR' started by frictionman, Aug 1, 2019.

1. frictionman

frictionman

Hi,

I have issue as follows: I have 2 devices communicating with each other. First device creates world map and sends it to the second device. Second device receives the world map, scans the same area and applies it. Now the issue is that the recreated world map on the second device has the same shape ( via debug plane ) and the same anchor points but doesn't align with the real world. It appears in different places depending on the real world position of the device when the app was started.

Has anyone stumbled upon similar issue ? Or is there any way to force the Session Origin to align with loaded world map ?

2. frictionman

frictionman

It turned out I had old ARKitPlugin classes present in my project. Once I deleted them and removed all references it started working as it should.

3. stich34

stich34

Hey Frictionman,
    I'm doing the same thing in my project. I am calling sessionSubsystem.ApplyWorldMap to load the shared map, but can't seem to find the method of querying the anchor points of that map to position the gameObject. If you don't mind sharing, what method are you calling to do that in your app?

4. orgelvarg

orgelvarg

Also is this possible to achieve with ARCore? @frictionman how are you using it in your application?

5. frictionman

frictionman

@orgelvarg I'm creating app targeted solely for ios.

@stich34 I am adding anchor points via the ARReferentPointManager. Then on the other end upon receiving ARWorldMap and applying it to the session, the ARReferencePointManager just spits these reference points out via referencePointsChanged event.