Search Unity

AR Foundation vs AR Core Optional build error

Discussion in 'AR' started by Borisss, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Borisss

Borisss

Hi,

I'm trying to convert AR Interface experimental implementation to AR Foundation which is now available as preview package, alas I'm encountering this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. BuildFailedException: "ARCore Supported" (Player Settings > XR Settings) refers to the built-in ARCore support in Unity and conflicts with the "ARCore XR Plugin" package.
    I have an app, where AR is only optional, I cannot uncheck that as otherwise I'll force app to be built with Android SDK 24+ which is not desired... There was a similar problem with older unity versions when building AR Core plugin apps which was fixed in 2017.4, can this be done for AR Foundation as well?

Code (CSharp):
    1. BuildFailedException: ARCore Required apps require a minimum SDK version of 24. Currently set to AndroidApiLevel16
    With AR Interface I was able to ship iOS/Android implementation of AR but Android is a bit buggy, so I want to switch to a newer and official Unity supported XR implementation.

Any solution?

ROBYER1 likes this.
  2. nscobie_EL

nscobie_EL

Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player > Android > XR Settings, and disable ARCore Supported.
    upload_2018-7-4_11-21-28.png
    Then go to Edit > Project Settings > ARCore, and create and assign an ARCoreSettings object.
    upload_2018-7-4_11-23-29.png
    Then in the inspector for that ARCoreSettings object, set AR Core Requirement to Optional.
    upload_2018-7-4_11-24-20.png

3. Borisss

Borisss

Thanks, that kind of moved me further, but now I see this:

arfoundation.PNG

I do have all the packages required...

arfoundation2.PNG

4. Eiseno

Eiseno

5. Eiseno

Eiseno

Change build system to gradle it solved my problem

6. Sandeep_pala

Sandeep_pala

i have also the same problem build and ar core confloict with ARcore xr plugin

7. hamuz

hamuz

i can make Run action but it's not showing anything in my laptop but when i build my project this error shows up ...
    i did install ARcore XR plugin, AR Foundation.
    how can i fix this ... thanks.

Attached Files:

dimitr014 likes this.
  8. EeshitaV

EeshitaV

Just go to player settings>XR settings and disable ARCore Supported.